• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ideal 1st Round Pick for Carolina [UPDATED]

MichaelNewtonII

[bump/Edit] : I want to see you guys thoughts now… this was from when we were 1-3 and we thought we could get watkins if the season didn't turn around… now that we have pick #28 what do we do

Who is the ideal pick for Carolina in the 2014 NFL draft?

Kelvin Benjamin (WR Florida State University, 6'5" 235lb)

This guy is a playmaker, has elite calvin johnson like size, and can just flat out out jump his defender and go up and make a grab.

I like to compare him to Vincent Jackson, He can be a poor mans Calvin Johnson, which being a poor mans Calvin is not a bad thing at all.

40 Yard Dash: Low: 4.44  40 time: 4.54  High: 4.64

Unofficial but I read somewhere he has a 35" Vertical

Highlights:  

Sports Science did a segment on his reach: http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10239292

I believe he can be Cam's go to guy for years to come.

Is this the ideal pick for the Panthers? if not who is?

Watkins was MIA last year....

I'll take 708 yards and 3 TDs as "MIA".  The guy broke out his freshmen year and was Clemon's only threat, so he got a ton of passes his way.  Last year Hopkins arrived on the scene and took alot of his touches away.  This doesn't mean that Watkins wasn't getting open, it just meant there were 2 threats on the field.  It's obvious now that Watkins can still dominate, considering his biggest game of the year so far was against Georgia.

It wil be interesting to see if Watkins falls to us. I'm not sure he will. Those 0-6 Giants might want a elite WR if they do dump off Nicks.

I don't care who we choose as long as its an OL or WR. But, I like Watkins size and speed. I know short receivers can do well in the NFL - but still rather have taller kids.

Archived