• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Panthers - 49ers Gameday Thread

Zod

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• PMH4OWPW7JD2TDGWZKTOYL2T3E.jpg

• Topics

• One thing to remember is the armchair quarterback rule. It is fun to speculate, but, keep in mind. We did not have this knowledge back then. I think this depends upon how you bench young.  Does he get benched but continue to learn and develop under a veteran quarterback or does he get benched with the decision to cut him next season? My thought on any new quarterback is to have him play behind a veteran quarterback for the first season.  If you play the rookie quarterback immediately, it would be like throwing the non-swimmer into the swimming pool to see if he/she will sink or swim. in this case, I actually think it was a blessing to play young through the whole season. Here is why:  I am personally concerned about young’s physical ability.  Size,  etc.  If the physical ability is a problem, it’s best to find out now rather than during the second season. Having young play through this entire first season also allowed young to become experienced. Obviously he is not a bad quarterback yet, but he is no longer a rookie quarterback and he now has experience.   I think the real question here is how long do you play young this season before you drop him altogether? By the way, I have a different opinion regarding Tepper throwing water on a fan.  How do we know if the fan was possibly cheering an injury?  What I heard was a fan was cheering an injury to a Panther player.  I am not saying that what Tepper did is acceptable but I am saying it was understandable.  It is human nature, the person who retaliates always gets noticed and suffers the consequences.  
    • Won’t be able to make it this fall but was in Munich last fall. Beautiful area and the weather will be perfect.     enjoy!    
    • Well, we all need to use our brains too...not just our eyes.  Our eyes tell us that Bryce was objectively bad last year.  Our brains are what allow us the critical thinking to deduce why Bryce was bad, which is the crux of the disagreement.  Perhaps Bryce just doesn't have the tools to be a starting QB in this league and this season will confirm that for us.  But you seem to not even be able to fathom or acknowledge the possibility that Bryce's poor play (i.e. bad footwork, bad downfield accuracy, bad decision-making, etc.) could in large part be a product of abysmal circumstances including poor coaching, poor playcalling, poor pass protection, and a poor receiving corps.  You call them "excuses", which they are, but how can you not understand that those can very well be inextricably linked?  It's like getting punched in the stomach repeatedly during karaoke night and then people complaining that your singing was off pitch.  Are you actually a good singer?  I don't know, that performance really sucked but I'm willing to give you one more song under better conditions.