• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Looking at NE. How will we fare against Brady if the front can't get any pressure?

janderson20vt

Well we haven't played a high powered passing attack like this one yet. I expect them to use quick 3 step drops to slowdown the pressure of our front 4. With reduced pressure I can easily see Brady picking us apart, especially with Bilicheat getting 2 weeks to prepare. We might actually need our offense to win this game for us. Good thing is that their run D is pretty laughable without big ol' wilfork. Thoughts?

This is why our defense is playing so well. Our corners are VERY physical and excel in press coverage off the line. Remember, we no longer have Norman giving 80 yard cushions at the snap. If they play 3 step drops all game then White, Captain, and Florence - not to mention TD and Keek - are going to be busting their soft receivers in the mouth over and over again at the line. 

When those don't work they'll go shotgun and 5-7 step drops and we know what happens then - sack lunches for everyone. 

Of course, we won't shut down their offense entirely, though it's not out of the realm of possibility, but don't expect the Pats to put up obscene numbers. I doubt they score more than 20. 

The quick three step drops is a great way to take away our pass rush.  The problem with doing that aganst our defense, is we have players who don't miss tackles and the patriots have a ton of unproven talent at WR.  Luke and TD absolutely clean everything up, which makes those three step drops turn into 2-3 yard pass gains.

The key will be stopping Ridley and forcing brady into 3rd and 7yards+.  If we do that, we get to him and put him on the ground.

This defense is made to stop an offense like New England (see New Orleans and Atlanta last year).  Negate the run game, pressure the passer, and hit the QB. 

Archived