• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Head of Officiating Says Wallace Catch Not a Catch

csx

Okay, so twice in this game Dolphin catches were challenged, both reviews awarded the catch, and in both cases the outcome was incorrect AFTER looking at the replay?

I think Scott Green should be fired, especially when you add in the missed shot to Cam's chin by Wake.

Smfh

yep, we got absolutely screwed on two separate critical calls. not screwed as in "ohh that was a bad interpretive call you just made right there" but screwed as in "you literally do not know the rules of football."

AND we won anyway.

that's what i love about it

What I think happened was the refs reviewed the replay to see whether Wallace's feet were inbounds and completely forgot to check what happened afterwards.  Still inexcusable, but whatever.

The people claiming conspiracy, just stop.

whats really baffling is you could clearly see Rivera screaming at the refs about him bobbling the ball at the end before the reviewed the play.

and they still didnt look. wtf

Refs do this frequently on reviews. They look at the frames they think matter and not the replay in its entirety. Same thing happened with Trindon Holliday last year. They looked and looked again at the beginning of the return, but didn't look at the end where he crossed the goal line and dropped the ball. They really are horrible at their jobs.

In order of from worst overall officiating in the three major sports to the best:

1. NBA

2. NFL

3. MLB

NBA at times is unwatchable because officiating is so inconsistent.

NFL I am increasingly convinced that officials don't even understand the rules and clearly most announcers don't

MLB is not perfect but get it right most of the time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/30/blandino-refs-need-to-be-more-consistent-on-catch-rulings/

I couldn't believe they didn't overturn that call. They define what catch is and isn't on a game by game basis it seems. If this has been posted please delete. I did not see it on the page or via search.

When it happened, I didn't think Wallce  hadcomplete control and that  it wasn't a catch. However,after watching the review I wasn't sure,so I figured it was one of those inconclusive situations. Guess not.

That's what it ultimately boils down to. Even the people making the calls don't really know the rules. The NFL is currently happily making billions annually, it's up to them to ensure rules are clearly written, and understood. So far, that's not happening. It's a shame.

That's what it ultimately boils down to. Even the people making the calls don't really know the rules. The NFL is currently happily making billions annually, it's up to them to ensure rules are clearly written, and understood. So far, that's not happening. It's a shame.

Exactly. I've never heard anyone explain wtf a "football move" is. Other than some sort of loophole.

Archived