• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Late in the game and time is running out........

PghPanther

I have a question for all of you.................it pertains to when a team has a lead with only 1 or 2 points and the opposing team has the ball with anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes left in the game with the intend to go down the field use up the clock and kick a FG to win............

Now this is what we had with the Philly game last night when the Saints had the ball...........

Once the Saints were in field goal range you know they would just keep a conservative run game going to eat the clock up getting closer and closer if possible for a chip shot field goal with no time left on the clock.

At that point in the game it is near impossible for Philly to change their fate...........

Except for this.............its bold and very risky but do you want a chance to win the game or not??

When there is still 2 to 3 minutes left on the clock and the Saints are in FG range why not just let them score a touchdown and get the ball back for at least the chance to drive and win or tie with a TD.

Now some of you will say that is foolish but is it???

How foolish is it to just watch them eat the clock................

I'd rather have one chance with 2 minutes left on the clock to tie or win the game with a TD with an extra point conversion or two point conversion if needed.........than to die a millions deaths by paper cuts trying to sack Saints out of a FG range when they are just running the ball.......

Is this nuts or is there a time when everything Is on the line to take such a risk??

When we played Atlanta this is exactly the fate we were facing except Atlanta wasn't in FB range yet but we luck out with that crazy center snap............

Your thoughts......

I cannot remember the game, it was a college game 7-10 years ago and I was only watching the end while waiting on another to start.  But a team was down 1 and let the opposition score from 30 yards out or so when they were out of time outs.  Then down 8 they went down and sent the game to OT.  I forget who won though.

I have a question for all of you.................it pertains to when a team has a lead with only 1 or 2 points and the opposing team has the ball with anywhere from 3 to 4 minutes left in the game with the intend to go down the field use up the clock and kick a FG to win............

Now this is what we had with the Philly game last night when the Saints had the ball...........

Once the Saints were in field goal range you know they would just keep a conservative run game going to eat the clock up getting closer and closer if possible for a chip shot field goal with no time left on the clock.

At that point in the game it is near impossible for Philly to change their fate...........

Except for this.............its bold and very risky but do you want a chance to win the game or not??

When there is still 2 to 3 minutes left on the clock and the Saints are in FG range why not just let them score a touchdown and get the ball back for at least the chance to drive and win or tie with a TD.

Now some of you will say that is foolish but is it???

How foolish is it to just watch them eat the clock................

I'd rather have one chance with 2 minutes left on the clock to tie or win the game with a TD with an extra point conversion or two point conversion if needed.........than to die a millions deaths by paper cuts trying to sack Saints out of a FG range when they are just running the ball.......

Is this nuts or is there a time when everything Is on the line to take such a risk??

When we played Atlanta this is exactly the fate we were facing except Atlanta wasn't in FB range yet but we luck out with that crazy center snap............

Your thoughts......

Archived