• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL may change clock rules

Car123

So if a team starts getting going on offense late in a quarter, they have to give up the ball to the other team in the next quarter. Can you imagine how stupid that would be in the regular season?

Do you realize they are doing this to try to make the pro bowl watchable?  This has nothing to do with them testing out new rules for the regular season.

They just need to go ahead and change everything to the MTV Jock Jam games where if you scored in the endzone corner its 100 points.  Dunk on an 11ft field goal post and the other team loses 25 points and other stupid crap like that.

did you miss where it said they could potentially implement the rule changes in the regular season?

Please.  They are just trying to drum up interest.  No one in their right mind would let the teams switch possessions after the 1st quarter.  But if you want to believe they are serious, then go right ahead.

Please.  They are just trying to drum up interest.  No one in their right mind would let the teams switch possessions after the 1st quarter.  But if you want to believe they are serious, then go right ahead.

no i dont think they would possibly implement that rule change, it's absurd.  that doesnt discount the fact said they would consider it though.

Yes I imagine there is no chance of these rules in the regular season.

But the worst is the 2 minute warning. The only issue i have with the NFL product is the stop and start which has only gotten worse with booth reviews. Sitting at a game where there is a TO at 2:15 and then the 2 minute warning, then another timeout then an injury then a booth review etc then a kickoff WHICH HAS COMMERCIALS ON BOTH SIDES AND IS USUALLY A TOUCHBACK..is brutal. Sometime the last two minutes takes 15 it seems.

The NFL is popular enough that people look past it but at some point you start getting fans fed up.

So adding more warnings would not be something I vote for.

Archived