• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

age difference

toldozer

I'm about to turn 29 and do prefer younger women but typically only a few years younger. My most recent ex was 23 when we broke up, mainly because she was still in the party every night phase of life. So I've been looking for some one older/more mature. I met this new girl and found out a lot about her before I bothered to ask her age. She already has two career type jobs and is ambition and driven. She's definitely not the party type. We've been talking and hanging out for about a month and she's great. The thing is she just turned 19! I'm looking for something serious and so is she. Question is has any one experienced such an age difference? Do you think it's destined to fail? Before you ask no pictures.

You're a month into a relationship with a 19 year old girl. I wouldn't be worrying about serious long-term prospects yet. Just roll with it and see how things progress naturally. But at the end of the day, you're dating a teenager, and people are bound to change. So even if things were perfect right now, I'm not sure the person you are dating will be the same when she is 25 even. So take it slow, get to know her better, and enjoy the ride.

10 years isn't a big deal but you have to remember she is 19.  She has no idea what she wants right now.  I think it's much less likely to work than a 39 year old dating a 29 year old.  With that said I would just have fun but I wouldn't get too attached.

I'm about to turn 29 and do prefer younger women but typically only a few years younger. My most recent ex was 23 when we broke up, mainly because she was still in the party every night phase of life. So I've been looking for some one older/more mature. I met this new girl and found out a lot about her before I bothered to ask her age. She already has two career type jobs and is ambition and driven. She's definitely not the party type. We've been talking and hanging out for about a month and she's great. The thing is she just turned 19! I'm looking for something serious and so is she. Question is has any one experienced such an age difference? Do you think it's destined to fail? Before you ask no pictures.

Meh... prefer older.

I wouldn't say it's destined to fail, but people I know in such relationships do not see eye to eye most of the time.

I'm happily married. I'm 28 and wife is 39.

If it works it works.

You're a month into a relationship with a 19 year old girl. I wouldn't be worrying about serious long-term prospects yet. Just roll with it and see how things progress naturally. But at the end of the day, you're dating a teenager, and people are bound to change. So even if things were perfect right now, I'm not sure the person you are dating will be the same when she is 25 even. So take it slow, get to know her better, and enjoy the ride.

Wife 1: 2 years junior.

Wife 2: 3 years junior.

Wife 3: 4 years older.

Wife 4: 7 years junior

Wife 5 (current): 11 years junior

And every one of them was duly compensated and I carried no financial baggage into my current and final marriage.

Me: 46

Girlfriend: 37

It's not just the number of years though.  Gotta say there's a bigger difference between a 19 year old and a 29 year old than there is between a 20 year old and a 40 year old.

10 years isn't a big deal but you have to remember she is 19.  She has no idea what she wants right now.  I think it's much less likely to work than a 39 year old dating a 29 year old.  With that said I would just have fun but I wouldn't get too attached.

Nothing wrong with dating 19 year olds....nothing!

You keep getting older and they stay the same age!

giphy.gif

Archived