• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Saints sign Champ Bailey

SCP

How in the world did the Saints get enough money to sign another free agent? Not at all worried about Champ Bailey, but I am wondering where their cap is now.

The Saints are definitely going all in the next two years, they probably want to win a super bowl before its curtains for  owner (Tom Benson) thats why you see the spending.  I think Sean Payton is finally buying into the Defense wins Championship Theory.

Actually the Sajnts defense were ranked 4th and Panthers 2, so are you satisfied with that.

Isn't "are you satisfied with that" a question? Why did you end the sentence with a period? And yes I am absolutely satisfied with that. Just because you were ranked two below us doesn't mean your defense was even close to as good as ours. Look at the stats. There's a big difference.

Saints aren't trying to make their cap better for the future. We are. There's your answer for the dumbasses out there.

I don't enjoy being called a dumbass after I was just posing a query. The reason I asked my question was to inquire how they can continue to sign players and be above the cap limit.

5 years ago? Here is the PFF grade info

2010 was 3 out of 118 graded CBs

2011 was 18 out of 199

2012 was 10 out of 113

2013 was injured in August an played the whole year injured with just 5 regular season games earning a grade that put him about 62 out of 120, middle of the pack. Conversely, his +2.6 grade in AFC champ game against Brady is right back a the top 10% rank.

Also, Lewis is the #1 CB and Bailey will play alongside one the best safety tandems, so he won't be covering the other teams best guy. Saints have some young talent that A HOF CB can help bring along, guys like Corey White and recently signed CFL stampeder Derrius Brooks who has 4.3 speed.

Quote about Brooks:

The Saints have a good relationship with the Stampeders' assistant general manager John Murphy, who is based out of Metairie.

“(Brooks) has been a versatile defender for us and has exceptional speed,” said Murphy, who said five or six teams were interested in him. “He runs in the 4.3 range and showed the ability to man cover some of the best wide receivers in our league.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-orleans-saints/tag/_/name/derrius-brooks

You are the same guy that has been calling a Saints Super Bowl victory before each of the last two seasons.

You are the same guy that has been calling a Saints Super Bowl victory before each of the last two seasons.

He can also explain how they really did win because all their stats were better.

(except the points, that is)

Saints have a better pass rush with Cameron jordan and Junior Galette 

They also have a better secondary with Kennan Lewis and Champ Bailey as #2 corner (He was a top 10 cb last season even after injury)

They have the best safety in the league Jairus Bryd paired up with a 1st round pick vaccaro 

But theres a big "gap" between the panthers defense from the saints? Lmao

Now on offense

Brees > cam 

Jimmy Graham and Colston > Carolinas wr corp

Lol yall are going to have poo Harper cover Graham lmao

Saints Rb's > Carolinas

Only advantage you have is oline 

Cam is terrible 

jungthefrog_zpse59a64b1.png

They also have a better secondary with Kennan Lewis and Champ Bailey as #2 corner (He was a top 10 cb last season even after injury)

They have the best safety in the league Jairus Bryd paired up with a 1st round pick vaccaro 

Now on offense

Brees > cam 

Jimmy Graham and Colston > Carolinas wr corp

Lol yall are going to have poo Harper cover Graham lmao

Saints Rb's > Carolinas

Only advantage you have is oline 

Cam is terrible 

great points all around

surely this team wouldn't have let the terrible panthers offense drive 65 yards in 35 seconds for a go ahead touchdown with the division on the line

I like Galette. Think he has a solid career in front of him but please don't compare him to Johnson and the Kraken. That's reckless.

Also, way to conveniently leave the linebackers out of your comparison. That omission alone negates your point.

Archived