• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Zod's Official Panthers Mock Draft Rounds 4-7

Zod

Finishing out the Draft the Panthers select players who can contribute immediately even in the later rounds.

Round 4 - CJ Fiedorowicz TE Iowa

I have been big on this guy for a while, and he will be there for round 4. CJ is the best run blocking TE in the draft and has soft reliable hands in the passing game. He would immediately improve the Panthers horrible run game, something Carolina will desperately need this season if they hope to improve on being ranked 28th overall on offense.

Round 5 - Brandon Coleman WR Rutgers

With this pick the Panthers address their need for a go to red zone wide receiver. Coleman is not the fastest guy on the field, but at 6'6 and a 33 inch vertical he will present matchup problems for shorter defensive backs. Needs to develop more of an aggressive attitude, something RIcky Proehl and the Panthers newly acquired veteran receivers can aid in. Receivers his height rarely make an impact in the NFL, thus he will be available in round 5.

Round 6 - Justin Britt OT Missouri

Britt is a top notch OT prospect that will fall to the late rounds because of his injury issues in 2012. Before you lose interest in this pick, remember the Panthers drafted another such player in the past named Greg Hardy. Britt has performed well against the top rushers in college and shows the toughness to be a legitimate NFL caliber player. At 6'6 and 325lbs, he fits the Gettleman hog molly mold.He may be too tall for shorter QB's like Drew Brees to see over, but will be a good fit for Cam Newton.

Round 7 - Cody Davis FS Texas Tech

Davis had an excellent pro day at Texas Tech and will probably be a late round selection. Everyone knows he is a tackling machine and can contribute immediately on special teams. His only concern was his measurables against NFL receivers. Davis clocked a 4.41 40 which is good enough for him to be drafted. This pick has huge upside for the Panthers. Davis is aggressive and savvy enough to contribute at the NFL level, as seen by his 4 forced fumbles. He would immediately contribute on special teams which is all you can ask for in a 7th round pick.

Click here to view the article

• Pie 1

Good points. Cody Davis is interesting.  I had not heard of him.  4.41 is flying for a FS, much like Mitchell.  I too have liked the TE from Iowa.  Britt is 25 or so, so he is mature.  He was pretty solid in college.  Coleman may not be a 5th rounder, but in this draft, some talent will fall.  That is the reason I think we grab 2 .

There is a name I have not seen discussed that I was hoping Zod would mention:

Dri Archer--RB/WR/KR, Kent State.  (discuss).

Solid day 3.

There is a name I have not seen discussed that I was hoping Zod would mention:

Dri Archer--RB/WR/KR, Kent State.  (discuss).

Solid day 3.

Agreed.  I mocked him in R3 over yonder in the Draft section.  Could be a very intriguing slot receiver/tailback role.

Not really a fan of the draft as a whole but these rounds are better.  Justin Britt and CJ are the ones that have the most value when picked here. Decent sh*t brah