• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is 9-7 our goal this year?

Rivera recently made it clear that we will start right where we left off.

This isn't the same team it used to be. From the top down

when says from where we left off, I hope he is referring to the regular season and not the 49er game.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

If any team has as it's goal to only be 9-7, then I sure wouldn't want to be playing on that team. I have to believe that the goal of not only the players but also the coaches and management is to win the division again and make it to the SB.

A playoff team? He inherited 4-12 and went to the playoffs with TimfugingTebow.

Well you got big A liking your comment so there is that.

Fox was a good coach. My original intent was to point out the mediocrity that was accepted because of the occasional success that we experienced. His style meshes well with the team that was in place in Denver. Congrats to him but I'm happier with what we have here. If you're not, please pull for Denver and leave us to enjoy the Panthers.

your sig is a good representation of your thread

The tread where I hated the idea that our goal for this season was 9-7? The thread where I asked if anyone else felt like our organization was keying in on back to back winning seasons being our goal since 2010 when Richardson cited that as the main reason for firing John Fox?

You guys are directing the hate at the wrong person here. You guys might not like it but all the guys in charge of our organization have been preaching back to back winning seasons for the last 4 years.

I guess u guys haven't heard all the "Back to back winning seasons" talk I have been hearing since the end of the 2010 season. Whatever.

Taking the talk about hoping for back to back winning seasons and spinning it into a theory that we're only hoping to go 9-7 is logical contortion to the point of ridiculousness.

The message coming consistently from both the coaching and the front office has been that the goal is always to win; every game, every season. They've never deviated.

You wanna suggest otherwise? Fine, but you're gonna need better evidence than twisted logic about back to back winning seasons.

Its May, before the draft and I cant understanding why someone would set a goal of being at the high end of mediocrity. Sorry just cant wrap my head around that one.

Sent from my DROID4 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

More than likely a UNC grad or Wal Mart UNC fan.

Sick of people getting on John Fox. He did a fantastic job with no okay ( if that) players. I dont think the Panthers will make the playoffs next year. I hope they do, I just dont see it. But again this is why the NFL is so great unlike the NBA, MLB, and others.

Archived