• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shaun King on WFNZ

SCP

Many in the national media say what we are thinking but don't have the bias that many of us do. We lost Jordan Gross and their top 3 WRs. While the Panthers/Gettleman addressed the WR in some capacity many feel this is a step backwards until proven otherwise. Gettleman never really addressed Cam's blindside at tackle and will be worse off at that position this year. King is just being a douche in how he words it since he probably has a bias against the Panthers since he was a. Buc.

The only position that is in question is the LT. Every other aspect of the team will be the same or should be better. LT is huge but it's one position,

want to be a detractor of the Carolina Panthers- you have two paths to take my young padawan

Path One: The Path of Cam's a Thug. This path had a lot of steam years ago, few remain on this bandwagon.

Path Two: The Carolina Panthers hate Cam. Cam is love, Cam is life. Gettleman is hate, Gettleman is death. 

You must choose your own path. 

Stop quoting that ugh. Shaun King loves Cam. Like REALLY loves Cam. He's like the guys on here that get emotional and say things like "Cam should just ask for a trade, these fans don't deserve him. This franchise doesn't deserve him"

In the better or worse thread we broke down the offense position by position and the only clear deficiency compared to a year ago is left tackle. I really think the media in general has overreacted to our draft.

Shaun King mocked Moses to us at 28.  In reality scouts and GMs decided to pass over him to the 66th pick.  If my math is close to accurate that would have been a reach of 38 picks.  In contrast he had Benjamin going 18th but was not selected until the 28th pick which is technically a value of 10.  I think someone is talking out of both sides of his mouth.  

Heard the same dumb shit from the same dumb idiots last season.

Didn't we have one of the worst offenses in the NFC? 28th overall is nothing to celebrate.

Sent from the Carolina Huddle App

Sean King is a huge Panther supporter too. I am disappointed we did not take advantage of a deep wr class to replace the cotcherys or Avants who will move on in two seasons.

No other young qb has so little to grow or work with. Two rbs (28-31yrs old) a TE (28)..shaky OTs..one young blue chip WR (Benjamin) its too much patchwork on the offense.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Hell Blake Bortles is starting his career in a better position than Cam is this season in year 4.

Andy Dalton, A Luck, Colin Kap, Russell Wilson, heck Josh McCown have twice the weapons Cam does and it is frankly inexcusable. To simply draft one guy in this draft and say THERE! You should not be mad at me...is just not good enough. If we even got an Abbderis or Bruce Ellington Id feel like the this opinion would be different. Just trying to give Cam more than UDFA guys would be nice.

Hell Blake Bortles is starting his career in a better position than Cam is this season in year 4.

Andy Dalton, A Luck, Colin Kap, Russell Wilson, heck Josh McCown have twice the weapons Cam does and it is frankly inexcusable. To simply draft one guy in this draft and say THERE! You should not be mad at me...is just not good enough. If we even got an Abbderis or Bruce Ellington Id feel like the this opinion would be different. Just trying to give Cam more than UDFA guys would be nice.

Im sorry but you really think Blake is in a better situation starting out then Cam is? Lets look at Blakes "awesome" weapons especially since Jacksonville has said he is basically "redshirted" this year.....

Wr

Mike Brown

Chad Bumphis

Damian Copeland

Tandon Doss

Allen Hurns

Marqise Lee

Allen Robinson

Denard Robinson

Cecil Shorts III

Kerry Taylor

Lamaar Thomas

Ace Sanders

All those players have a combined experience of 10 years.....4 of which is from one player....

Panthers WR

Jason Avant

Kelvin Benjamin

Brenton Bersin

Toney Clemons

Jerricho Cotchery

Tavaress King

Marvin McNutt

Kealoha Pilares

Tiquan Underwood

36 years combined experience on our roster at the wide out poition. Im not saying our wide receiver group is the greatest of all times to but say that the jags are setting up blake better in year 1 is silly

Sent from my SCH-I535 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

With Cam at QB it is pretty hard to believe our offense will be terrible. May not yet be elite, but not terrible.

Plus the good thing about having a great defense? When Cam has a bad day, and almost all QBs do save a very small few, we will still have a chance to win the game. When we have a late lead, the defense can win the game.

It is better for a young QB who is still developing (and yes Cam is still developing) to build a great defense around him.

It would still be great to get a weapon or two, even.

Archived