• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Favorite BofA Stadium moments

SCP

So I was going through old ticket stubs recently of games I have attended over the years. I took about half of them and made this huge collage for the office (picture attached to show off my art skills). While doing so I was remembering some of the better games I have attended like game 4 of the 2003 World Series that ended in a walk-off homer. I got to thinking about BofA stadium moments and was trying to rank my favorites since 2005 when I moved back home. My top 3 would have to be:

- Hixon catch to help us win 2013 NFCS crown

- Cam scrambles against Skins in 2011 and Falcons in 2012

- Stew/Deangelo trucking the Bucs in 2008

What are your top 3 moments in BofA?

post-332-140068037605_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone while pooping using CarolinaHuddle

There are obviously a bunch that are great, but one I know no one will say (because it ultimately meant nothing) was that 2009 Sunday Night Game vs the Vikings. Matt Moore vs. Brett Favre was amazing. Smitty's long TD called back, so then he caught another deep TD on the very next play. Unbelievable moment at the time.

that's like, a million dollars in tickets on that board.

Really cool though. 

My favorite sentimental memory would be the first football game I went to when I was a kid. it was a birthday present and it was against the Buccs. It was the first shutout in Panther's history and I was there for it. 

From a pure football perspective, Cam's long TD against the Falcons in 2012. I have never been an environment like that before. My ears rang (rung?), everyone was jumping up and down and screaming at the top of their lungs, Smitty taking out 3 guys to spring Cam the final couple yards, it was amazing. Gives me goosebumps thinking about it again. 

I'll never forget after that Skins game there was this white trash Redskin fan straight up roid raging through the parking lot. Kicking trash cans and throwing poo and yelling "fug Panther fans!". Seeing his misery was fantastic.

The 08 Bucs game you mentioned on MNF was awesome. Also happened to be my B-day.

I loved the 03 season opener. Rodney Peete was getting us killed by doing his statue of liberty impression in the pocket. The Whole crowd was chanting for Weinke at the start of the 2nd half(as odd as that sounds). Well then some guy name Delhomme comes trotting out on the field and after the who is this guy moment, the crowd erupted in excitement that it was anyone but Weinke. Of course the Cardiac Cats were born and our superbowl run began with a fiery Jake leading a 2nd half comeback.

More Recently the Monday Nighter against the Pats was incredible ending to a game. (I have a hell of a video of that if someone can walk me thru on how to post an iphone video).

I'm sure there are others but those 3 come to mind immediately.

2003 vs the Bucs

For some reason, they thought it was a good idea to interview a fan over the speakers.  Dumb fan proceeds to call out the Bucs D-line.  Bucs D-line acts all pissed and gets a few sacks in a row but we pulled out the win.  Good game.

It had to be this past year against New Orleans at home. The tix were a present from my woman, and it was also her first game ever. I'll never forget when Hixon caught the game winning TD at the end. That's the first time I've ever experienced the stadium literally "rocking"...

And all this happened during a monsoon at halftime. I was dumb enough to not bring any rain protection at all....so we were soaked as if we had jumped in a pool. It was definitely the greatest game I've been to, to date.

1. 1996 NFC playoff victory against the Dallas Cowboys. Anthony Johnson goes for 100+ yards and 26 carries, Aikman throws 2 picks in the Cowboys last 2 possessions...

2. 2003 Week 1, start of the second half. Carolina received the kickoff to start the second half and they take possession deep in their end. Rodney Peete is benched and Jake Delhomme trots onto the field and fires up the huddle, leads Carolina in a comeback win against the Jacksonville Jags and the beginning of the best season the Panthers have enjoyed thus far.

3. 2013 season beating New England on Monday night- nuff said

Archived