• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

does barner make the team?

Three known Panthers who should have growing concern about making the 53: WR Tiquan Underwood, RB Kenjon Barner and CB Josh Thomas.

— Steve Reed (@SteveReedAP)

August 11, 2014

from rotoworld...

The Associated Press has "growing concern" over Kenjon Barner sticking on the final roster.

It would be a bit of a surprise as Barner brings value as a possible return man and only needs to hold off Darrin Reaves for No. 4 running back duties. Still, the early part of Barner's career has not been promising. He earned just eight touches from scrimmage as a rookie while battling foot/ankle issues.

barner has done nothing. it can be a result of being stuck behind stewart, williams, and tolbert by default...but how does that explain reaves coming out of no where and taking advantage of the window of opportunity due to injuries and having more success than him?

does gettlemen play the wait and see role because of potential, or is barner done?

I just finished watching the game. The line didn't do anyone many favors but Reaves runs alot harder and is better suited for the Panthers style of running game.

I remember one of Barner's punt returns where he had some space and instead of just going forward he stood there, waited and then danced around and got nothing. He's pretty indecisive but still has had a tough shake with the line. I believe he had a pretty bad drop as well that can't happen since he isn't running well

...but honestly he just doesn't look like an NFL player.

This.

Some guys just look out of their element once they hit the NFL, and to me, Barner is one of those guys.  Can't see him sticking in the league much beyond this year. Someone will give him a chance after we cut him, but unless he turns it around big time, he needs to start thinking about a second career.

Had this convo at work recently. Barner benefited big time by the Tyler Gaffney injury (and lowbrow move from the Pats)....but he isn't taking advantage of this opportunity. Can't play ST, isn't an efficient returner, can't block out of the back field and let's be honest here...dude doesn't pass the eye test as an NFL RB. 

Not trying to toot my own horn here, but I will. Just like the Kugbila and Gaffney choices..I absolutely hated this Barner pick as well. I don't think he's going to make the team and I would be fine with that. He brings nothing to the table. 

Archived