• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Ron Rivera an NFL Top 10 Coach?

DecrypticShadow

Less than a year ago, 90% of us wanted him fired immediately.  I was very happy with the changes that Rivera made last season, but I want more than one season of that before I go calling him a top 10 NFL coach.  My biggest concern is if he has a relapse to his ultra-conservative ways now that he has some job security.

Less than a year ago, 90% of us wanted him fired immediately.  I was very happy with the changes that Rivera made last season, but I want more than one season of that before I go calling him a top 10 NFL coach.  My biggest concern is if he has a relapse to his ultra-conservative ways now that he has some job security.

Exactly. We need Riverboat Ron.

No.  One winning season and one first round playoff loss does not make someone a top 10 head coach.  Every other coach on the list has had numerous playoff appearances and victories, all of them have taken at least 1 team to the Super Bowl. All but three have won at least one Super Bowl (Reid, Jim Harbaugh, and Fox).

I think the COTY award speaks more to his potential and growth than overall body of work. I don't have an issue with him not being included. He's got more work to do and can still make improvements. Two right off the top of my head: Starting faster in the regular season, and becoming more comfortable and engaged with the offensive side of the game planning

Archived