• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam's touch and anticipation

Blackmagic

We all knew that Cam had a cannon arm, and could make every throw and fit the ball in the tightest window. 

But this year, he has taken major steps as a passer while having almost no offseason.

His anticipation and ball placement has improved. The receiver can keep on running while in the previous years, they had to stop to catch the ball. It's still not perfect, but he made major strides.

His touch is so much better. The ball to Cotchery over the DB was perfection, and I noticed that he's taking more speed off the ball. Cam used to only throw fastballs, but he has changed that and that makes it easier for the receivers to catch.

With almost no offseason, new receivers, a bad offensive line, Cam has become a much better pocket passer. That's great news for the future of the team.

The pass to Cotchery was insane. He was running full speed and never even had to slow down, look for the ball, or even move his damn hands. Hell, I don't even think he knew a pass was coming until it zipped over his shoulder and hit him in the chest. And that was with a defender draped all over him. I don't think someone on the sideline could've handed the ball to Cotchery any better.

This is true. Cam has done everything asked of him and then some this season.

Hopefully in the coming years he'll have many more weapons, an offensive line and a coordinator that knows how to put up points.

I think he has adequate weapons. Would more be nice? Sure, but OL and OC upgrades would go a lot further.

"Still not perfect"... Come on...

People need to stop expecting perfection from anyone on this team not just Cam. This is why Cam will never be able to please everyone here, expectations for him are unrealistic. His pocket passing has been phenomenal this season. Give Cam a line and he'll make due with any WR group, that much is obvious now.

I'm guessing not many watched Brees miss some throws last night. Is he still developing? No QB is perfect, missed throws are going to happen.

Yup, too bad we're offering him up as a sacrifice to opposing defenses.

People blame Cam for not being able to run right now but we can't block long enough to perform a good screen play.

Chandler was beating so fast yesterday that a cheetah wouldn't have escaped.

Bell got beat 3 of the 1st 6 plays of the game.

What game was people watching yesterday that they think DA would be any better out there.

Archived