• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Really? Fire rivera?

MichaelNewtonII

So I guess we play to tie? fug that, you play to win every game. Cam and offense was gashing that defense. Rivera went back to his old ways. Stupid decision. I wouldn't have cared if we didn't get it becasue it was the right decision to go for it. You knew you weren't going to get the ball back, you knew our defense was struggling, etc.

This.

Thank you

If we lost we would have lost laying it all out on the field not scared to make a play. I would have been fine with it.

If Rivera should be fired for anything it should be for this swiss cheese defense.... how do we go from top 3 last year to bottom of the barrel.

Losing Greg Hardy. No pressure from the DEs.

You need the DE pressure to cover the DBs.

You must have strong LBs, then you need a strong secondary or a strong pass rushing DE. You cannot have a weak secondary and weak pass rushing DEs.

Lucky for you, you would have kept your job while Rivera could and probably would lose his....

So if he's scared to make tough decisions in fear of being fired, then he should be fired now. You will never win a superbowl if you have that mentality. The name of the game is to play to win, not tie. He knew there was no shot for us to get the ball back. He literally played to tie.

You don't give the other offense the chance to win the game when you have the ball in your hands. You win or lose with your offense on the field in overtime in that position. I don't care what happens. I would have respected Ron if he had made the call to try to win the game. If not for a miraculous shank we WOULD have lost that game with our defense that gave up 40 points on the field and couldn't stop the Bengals from moving the ball all day long. Cam was in a rhythm and we needed 2 yards at most to continue the drive.

A tie does basically nothing for us. You have the ball in your hands. Your defense has sucked. You can win it with a touchdown. There is NO time left for another drive even if you get a defensive stop. Zero timeouts. The BEST you could hope for if you didn't convert there is a tie. No chance of winning the game. It was a horrible call.

First time posting here, blame the frustration of this call. I said that we needed to go for it whatever happened with 4 minutes left on the clock, since we would play for the tie otherwise. With a little more than 2 minutes left, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. What a bad call. You play footbal to win. Cam must be one of the best QB's on 4th and 1...

Archived