• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ramifications for Hardy

SgtJoo

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports suspended RB Ray Rice could be reinstated by mid-November.

"An appeal hearing date has been set, with a final decision expected to come in an expeditious manner thereafter, and all of that could be resolved by mid-November," writes La Canfora. Rice maintains he didn't lie in his initial hearing with Roger Goodell, arguing he should only be suspended a maximum of six games as a first-time offender. Many believe Rice has an "exceedingly strong" case, and he could be available to sign with a team within four weeks. La Canfora wonders if the Colts and Patriots may be interested clubs.

Thoughts?

I never commented last week amidst the "news" he wouldn't be back next week because I didn't want raised blood pressure, I couldn't wrap my brain around the "logic", and, because, he still "might"? be back next week things change so fugging much.

You know what really pisses me off?  That this whole Ray Rice thing is why Hardy is not playing.  5 months after the fact ESPN decides to talk about it, just a coincidence with the Rice video?!  The 2 situations are different in nearly every way, yet the national media (primarily ESPN) beat the freakin drums until the Panthers decided to cave...wrong decision. 

Now if Rice comes back before Hardy, it will be a great injustice (like that's a thing in the NFL).  A video of Rice knocking his 'love' out on video then treating her like a sack of potatoes...then Hardy who has a claim by a professional money grubber who plays (sleeps her way) thru the celebrity circuit. 

If Hardy is guilty, fine, but there is really no evidence except an accusation & a feminist judge ruling on him.

He hasn't been charged.

I think that the PR shitstorm that the NFL was going through with this is over. Panthers could put Hardy back on the roster now and I don't think it would get the attention that it was. I was watching the Today Show one morning a few weeks ago and they were talking about Greg Hardy on there man....that is mainstream as it's going to get

Archived