• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Some Hope For A Hopeless Team

Lilsmitty09

Just looking at the schedule...I know we suck. I get it. But we truly do not know how these next few weeks will pan out. Hell last year at 1-3 I thought we were in for another losing season and then something clicked and 12-4 came. I doubt that happens again, but playoffs is a good chance...looking at our schedule...it's pretty light as we all know...now how about the others in the South that pose a threat?

Let's start with the Saints...

Sun, Nov 16
vs
-m-01y49__56x42.pngBengals

10:00 AM
This should be a Loss...tough call though  
Mon, Nov 24
vs
-m-01ct6__56x42.pngRavens

5:30 PM
Loss  
Sun, Nov 30
@
-m-05tfm__56x42.pngSteelers

Depends on which Pissburgh team shows up...

Hopefully the one against us..  

Sun, Dec 7
vs
-m-01y3c__56x42.pngPanthers

In the dome...who knows how we are healed up

and playing, but for their sake I'll give them a W

Mon, Dec 15
@
-m-01y3v__56x42.pngBears

This is iffy. A road game on a COLD night in

Chicago...  

Sun, Dec 21
vs
-m-0wsr__56x42.pngFalcons

Toss up..but prob a W for NO since it's in NO.  
Sun, Dec 28
@
-m-07l24__56x42.pngBuccaneers

Win..but...is a road game so possibility...they went

to OT IN NO

Now the dirty birds...

Sun, Nov 16
@

Loss...Road game and we will have to win

before Bye...for Rivera's life

Sun, Nov 23
vs
-m-01xvb__56x42.pngBrowns

Eh...how good are these Browns?  
Sun, Nov 30
vs
-m-0ws7__56x42.pngCardinals

1:05 PM
Definite Loss  
Mon, Dec 8
@
-m-03b3j__56x42.pngPackers

Huge Loss  
Sun, Dec 14
vs

Loss  
Sun, Dec 21
@
-m-05g3v__56x42.pngSaints

Stated above...prob a Loss  
Sun, Dec 28
vs

Hopefully a loss to a team

that is playing for the division title..

So all in all...if we can just win a few more games (even if we get swept by the saints, which I hope we don't), we can grab this division with possibly 6 or 7 wins. This week's Falcons, @ Vikings after bye and tolbert comes back, Browns at home (could be win), Bucs at home (if we lose this I do lose hope) and then if we can just get one either at atlanta or new orleans (preferebly NO), we are in good shape.

Thoughts? I get that we suck. But we really aren't going to lose out and get a high pick. Rivera is always good in November/December, and I really think if we get clicking at the right time we can make a run for it. Even if we lose in playoffs opening round at least we can say we are the first team in the South to win back to back years.

TL;DR:

We have a cupcake schedule while the Falcons and Saints gets way harder, giving us a chance to win this poo hole of a division and become the first team in it to actually win back to back. KeepPounding

I wouldn't chalk up the Bengals as a loss for the saints, it is at home and the Bengals have only played 3 games on the road and the last 2 of which they have been skull drug.

I do think the saints lose to Baltimore though.  They seem like the kind of team that can win on the road, and they will be coming off a bye week.  I do agree with Pitt, they will lose that game.

Chicago is just a bad football team, possibly as bad as the Panthers right now.  I'll be surprised if they don't beat them.  I Honestly see 2 wins (Falcons, Bears), 2 Losses (Steelers, Ravens), and 2 Tossups (Bengals, and Actually Bucs.  Road Division games can be hard in the last week of the year, heck we had trouble with the Falcons last year in Atlanta, I consider it a tossup.).  If they split the difference on the tossups, they finish 7-8 and depending on the panthers game could be 7-9 or 8-8.

The Falcons have an absolute murderers row of a schedule down the stretch, if they win 1 of Browns/Cards/Pack/Steelers, then I'd be somewhat surprised.  The division, is really a 2 team race, but still I'd put it at 70/30 in favor of the Saints right now regardless of schedule.  They're just a better team than us right now.

I do not see how we finish better than 6-9-1, with losses to @New Orleans and @Atlanta in there. 

That means the Saints must finish 6-10, with one win against us they can only win one more and they will certainly eat Tampa Bay.  That means they have to lose to Cincinnati and Atlanta at home and @Chicago, I think they win one of those.

Even if they lose all three there is still Atlanta.  They will have two more wins if they beat the Saints and split with us, giving them five wins and they would only need two more to get there.

Simply put, 6-9-1 will not get it done, I doubt 7-8-1 does either and there is no way we are going 5-1 over the final six games.

Just looking at the schedule...I know we suck. I get it. But we truly do not know how these next few weeks will pan out. Hell last year at 1-3 I thought we were in for another losing season and then something clicked and 12-4 came. I doubt that happens again, but playoffs is a good chance...looking at our schedule...it's pretty light as we all know...now how about the others in the South that pose a threat?

Let's start with the Saints...

Sun, Nov 16

vs

-m-01y49__56x42.pngBengals

10:00 AM This should be a Loss...tough call though

Mon, Nov 24

vs

-m-01ct6__56x42.pngRavens

5:30 PM Loss

Sun, Nov 30

@

10:00 AM Depends on which Pissburgh team shows up...

Hopefully the one against us..

Sun, Dec 7

vs

In the dome...who knows how we are healed up

and playing, but for their sake I'll give them a W

Mon, Dec 15

@

-m-01y3v__56x42.pngBears

5:30 PM This is iffy. A road game on a COLD night in

Chicago...

Sun, Dec 21

vs

-m-0wsr__56x42.pngFalcons

10:00 AM Toss up..but prob a W for NO since it's in NO.

Sun, Dec 28

@

-m-07l24__56x42.pngBuccaneers

Win..but...is a road game so possibility...they went

to OT IN NO

Now the dirty birds...

Sun, Nov 16

@

Loss...Road game and we will have to win

before Bye...for Rivera's life

Sun, Nov 23

vs

-m-01xvb__56x42.pngBrowns

10:00 AM Eh...how good are these Browns?

Sun, Nov 30

vs

-m-0ws7__56x42.pngCardinals

1:05 PM Definite Loss

Mon, Dec 8

@

-m-03b3j__56x42.pngPackers

5:30 PM Huge Loss

Sun, Dec 14

vs

10:00 AM Loss

Sun, Dec 21

@

-m-05g3v__56x42.pngSaints

10:00 AM Stated above...prob a Loss

Sun, Dec 28

vs

Hopefully a loss to a team

that is playing for the division title..

So all in all...if we can just win a few more games (even if we get swept by the saints, which I hope we don't), we can grab this division with possibly 6 or 7 wins. This week's Falcons, @ Vikings after bye and tolbert comes back, Browns at home (could be win), Bucs at home (if we lose this I do lose hope) and then if we can just get one either at atlanta or new orleans (preferebly NO), we are in good shape.

Thoughts? I get that we suck. But we really aren't going to lose out and get a high pick. Rivera is always good in November/December, and I really think if we get clicking at the right time we can make a run for it. Even if we lose in playoffs opening round at least we can say we are the first team in the South to win back to back years.

TL;DR:

We have a cupcake schedule while the Falcons and Saints gets way harder, giving us a chance to win this poo hole of a division and become the first team in it to actually win back to back. KeepPounding

How dare you for holding out hope, and wishing the best for your team. Don't you know it's not popular, to act like a real fan on this board. You need to get your mind right, and don't post again, until you have something negative to say about the Panthers.

All joking aside, even though the Panthers haven't give us very much to be optimistic about this season, I'm with you, I'll hold out hope until the Panthers are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

Somehow, if we make the playoffs just bc our division sucks only to get blown out (make no mistake, this is what will happen if we do) this season will feel like even more of a failure. Think about it: if we make the playoffs, Ron probably keeps his job and we lose a ton of draft position. Draft position we need to get one of the better Tackles. That's lose lose.

Unfortunately....and I mean I absolutely hate to say this.  The Saints look like the best team in the division.  I don't they're going to lose to the Bengals, Steelers, and the Ravens.  I think they lose 2 of those.  Conversely I don't think we beat the Browns either.......never thought I'd say that.  Anything can happen and our schedule does lineup nicely, but we're a bad team.  Right now we're one of the games those other teams are looking forward to playing.

Archived