• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Request: Panthers's Upcoming FAs

ooglechi

The Hardy ship has sailed.

Honestly, there's a few I wouldn't mind keeping, but nobody that just screams "we must re-sign him".

Pretty much all replaceable.

Top DE's aren't that easy to replace. One like Hardy is even harder to replace because he's fast enough to play DE and strong enough to play DT. Good ones are very hard to come by. That's why we were almost looking at Peppers again.

If I'm the owner I'm not paying you 13mill to walk away! No! You owe me! Big time! He'd work off every penny in a more team friendly deal.

Top DE's aren't that easy to replace. One like Hardy is even harder to replace because he's fast enough to play DE and strong enough to play DT. Good ones are very hard to come by. That's why we were almost looking at Peppers again.

If I'm the owner I'm not paying you 13mill to walk away! No! You owe me! Big time! He'd work off every penny in a more team friendly deal.

Yeah, good luck telling Hardy that.

Bill Voth made it pretty clear that Gettleman only wanted Hardy for this one season, and then would move on from him after this year; that a multi-year contract was out of the picture.

Whitaker has a 3.6 average this season, and people think that we should keep him. SMH

It's OK to raise your expectations beyond utter mediocrity, 

we have a terrible o-line

he's young

he appears to be a pretty good returner

he's cheap

Bill Voth made it pretty clear that Gettleman only wanted Hardy for this one season, and then would move on from him after this year; that a multi-year contract was out of the picture.

It'll be so funny when the Falcons sign him, just because. I don't think ownership here is concerned about winning. Young people make mistakes. The talent margins are so slim in the NFL that you can't treat your top five player just like the 53rd guy. I couldn't pay him the money he previously wanted because of the risk but I keep him here to play football, because that's what his job is and he's one of the best at it. Ownership isn't in the football business it would seem so if Gettleman has already made a decision I'd be sure JR is in the background because well, Jerry doesn't always put the best product on the field and it took us 20yrs to figure that out. Nice guy though

I find it funny how people hold football players to a higher standard than their own public officials because of $ or limelight. These are just people no more, no less.

Honestly, I don't think it has anything to do with his legal issues.  We are in such a situation that we HAVE to let him go.  Keeping him only means we have to shell out the big bucks WE DON'T HAVE.  

Keeping him puts Gettleman right back into the same situation we were in this year.  No money to sign any top tier free agents.  I love the bargain basement player as much as the next guy (when he turns in a gem of a season) 

I can only assume G-man is ready to get out of the one year lease a lemon and actually get into a 2 or 3 yr deals with some solid talent.

Archived