• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ouch, awful NFC South note

cardiackat88.

If NO loses tonight, I am going whole hog on the hope for Carolina winning the division at 5-10-1. I keep telling myself it's impossible, not to mention embarrassing, but all these teams are poorly coached and/or bereft of talent and they keep proving it week after week. Why shouldn't our poorly coached, marginally talented team be the one to host a playoff game? Would JR keep the coach of a 5-10-1 division champion? He probably would. Fug.

It's highly likely that Ron is back next year anyway, so given that I'll take the division and a playoff berth at 5-10-1 before missing out.

Exactly. I'm going to be so mad if we when and pick 21st when record wise we deserve and need a top 10 pick

I would gladly trade a top 10 pick for a home playoff game. Once we are in anything can happen, and if nothing else I get an excellent excuse to get inappropriately drunk.

Well you were told wrong by someone.

The SB contenders are 31 and 32.  But the other playoff teams go 21-29.

21-30*

Thank you for that, I told him that wasn't the case and I'd never seen it like that before.

He's actually a knowledgeable fan so I was inclined to believe him.

Panthers can win the Division at 5-10-1

NO and ATL must go 1-4 in the last 5 .... but here is where it gets complicated

IF we lose to NO then we must beat ATL and ATL must beat NO the week before or vice versa. Tampa Bay must win division games too.

Panthers                        New Orleans                        Atlanta

Minn - win                      Pitt - loss                              Az - loss

NO - loss                       Car - win                              GB - loss

TB - loss                        Chic - loss                            Pitt - loss

Cleve - loss                   Atl - loss                               NO - win

Atl - win                          TB - loss                              Car - loss

final standings

Car - 5-10-1

NO - 5-11

Atl - 5-11

TB - 4-12

Archived