• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Best Dec/Jan Records in the NFL

Mark S

yeah, a lot of our wins at this time of year is becaue we are out of contention.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense to me. Could you explain how being out of contention makes it easier to win?

It seems to me that being out of contention would make it easier to lose. Less to play for, easier to pack it in, and getting a wtf attitude would seem to make winning more difficult once you are out of contention.

Getting players to play well when they have nothing to play for is remarkable.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't make any sense to me. Could you explain how being out of contention makes it easier to win?

It seems to me that being out of contention would make it easier to lose. Less to play for, easier to pack it in, and getting a wtf attitude would seem to make winning more difficult once you are out of contention.

Getting players to play well when they have nothing to play for is remarkable.

I think it has to do with presure. Before last season we seemed to fold under pressure. When that pressure is removed, we seemed to do well.

I think it has to do with presure. Before last season we seemed to fold under pressure. When that pressure is removed, we seemed to do well.

I can see how some may see it that way. To me, that is just too simplistic. NFL players are at the top of their profession. The vast majority thrive on pressure. Until you get to the playoffs, all games have basically the same level of pressure.

It is difficult enough to win in the NFL. Which makes it just that much more puzzling as to why we can win late in the year, and struggle early in the year.

To me, this year was just a clusterfug of a year. O-line problems. Cam not being 100%. Whole new WR corp. RBs not being/staying healthy. Defense not playing to expectations. A poo ton of things went into our lackadaisical season.

Ah hellz, what do I know. Maybe it is just as simple as our Coaching staff is kildos. Which I don't want to admit.

Archived