• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ernie Accorsi hired again

O-Ther

Remember when JR hired him to consult on our next GM hire and we ended up choosing between two guys from the Giants organization? There was a younger guy that was good with the salary cap and an older guy that did mostly player evaluations IIRC. We took the older guy and have won a division title every year since.

Well now the Chicago Bears have hired Ernie Accorsi to consult on their next GM hire. I wonder if Ernie's going to steer them toward the younger guy we didn't choose. If they do choose him, it will be interesting to compare his GM capabilities to Dave Gettleman over the next few years.

Remember when JR hired him to consult on our next GM hire and we ended up choosing between two guys from the Giants organization? There was a younger guy that was good with the salary cap and an older guy that did mostly player evaluations IIRC. We took the older guy and have won a division title every year since.

Well now the Chicago Bears have hired Ernie Accorsi to consult on their next GM hire. I wonder if Ernie's going to steer them toward the younger guy we didn't choose. If they do choose him, it will be interesting to compare his GM capabilities to Dave Gettleman over the next few years.

FYI/FWIW: Not sure if he had the title before/at the time of GMan's hiring here, but Mark Ross is VP of Player Evaluation at the Giants.

FYI/FWIW: Not sure if he had the title before/at the time of GMan's hiring here, but Mark Ross is VP of Player Evaluation at the Giants.

He didn't.

They promoted him because they know he gets a lot of attention.

They have 2 Super Bowls since 2007. I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are definitely not jealous of us.

How have they looked the past few seasons?

Better history? Sure.

Better right now? Not so much.

Archived