• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Should we be the North Carolina Panthers? Map says yes

GRWatcher

Will this drum ever stop being beat. Its the Carolina Panthers so deal with it. Also most of those "Panthers fans" have just started being fans since we made it to the playoffs. North Carolina and Charlotte specifically is the most transient and fickle city when it comes to sports I have ever seen.

I say that we still have better BBQ and if anything, deserve a little more respect than what NC fans give us.

I am a PSL owner that works full time and goes to school full time. Despite this (and the criminally low wages that I'm paid), I still pay for an extra ticket for my fiancé so that we can drive from Charleston to Charlotte and spend our Sundays cheering for the team just like those from NC.

I'm in Greenville SC, with that said, being super OCD like I am, it needs to be the Charlotte Panthers, it grinds my gears to no avail that it's the only NFL team not named after a actual city, it really drives me crazy, 31 NFL teams ALL named after cities then you have the Carolina Panthers, ooh it drives me nuts lol. It needs to be the Charlotte Panthers.

NVM forgot about the MN Vikes, but still lol

Tennessee Titans

New England Patriots

This isn't the first time this has happened. Sorry to all the real SC Panther fans, but most of the people in that state either support another team or are HUGE bandwagoners

Edit: lol no the name shouldn't be changed. But the citizens need to grow a spine and support their team rain or shine

Tennessee Titans

New England Patriots

Arizona also.

These threads need to stop being posted. These are tinderbox issues. The panthers are imbedded in the Carolina's like it or not. Sure NC feels more ownership since the stadium resides in their state but that doesn't make it more their team. Any owner current or future would be a moron to alienate current SC (and outside charlotte) Nc fans by calling it the charlotte panthers. If charlotte could have supported this team alone than it would have been named accordingly. If SC could have gotten a team without charlotte than same deal. We need/needed one another to maximize market (yes people the NFL is about $$$$$). Let's all just be happy with what we have and our sports peers who enjoy the same team. We are in the freaking playoffs and we are going to hate on our own? Sheesh people.

Y'all are nuts lol. Im a 4 hour drive from the beaches in Cali and I still prefer flying all the way across the country to go to Myrtle Beach and Oak Island NC

You go to Myrtle Beach on purpose? Not at gunpoint? Oh god I'm sorry

Bash SC all you want. Ownership has strong ties to the state and I'd be interested in the ratio of nc/sc PSL owners.

Also, quit bitch$ng about tax money, if you have a problem with only nc residents footing the bill, consider the amount of $& generated and jobs provided by the panthers. Most of that $$ stays right here on NC.

Archived