• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"The last 6 games"

Jeremy Igo

Wow, this is deep.  You know how to stimulate an issue.  Anyway, hopefully, RR is trying to keep the most positive aspects of the season in focus with the team.  This team had high hopes as well as the fans.  That quickly went away as you can tell from the posts after the first 3 games.  The mid season was a shamble.  What else would a coach do but try to put the best foot forward so the team would come back with a winning attitude.  Now, is he coach enough to bring up the faults from the mid season fiasco?  I hope he would be.  I stood up for RR when many were down on him.  I also was ready to see a change after mid season.  I believe RR is capable of doing the right things for this team.  However, we need some drastic changes in the coaching room.  That is what will determine RR's leadership ability.  Time will tell.

The guy has said the same thing 3 out of the last 4 years.   Must be nice to have that long to learn how to do a job.

Oh man i cant believe he is taking what was good out of the season and expressing that to the media. He should jus go on there and talk about how bad we sucked prior to the 6 weeks of success and that everybody in the organization sucked up to that point. Hes not going to be negative and your crazy if you think hes not going to try and fix our problem areas.

The guy has said the same thing 3 out of the last 4 years.   Must be nice to have that long to learn how to do a job.

I know what you're saying.  This is the make or break year for RR as HC.  It took many years for the greatest coaches to be 'greatest coaches'.  I'm willing to see what this coming season brings.

No offense igo, but some of the topics you raise question about cause turmoil on this forum. I understand looking at both sides in order to become a better unit, but really its the friggin media man your trying to turn chicken poo into chicken salad. Maybe your just raising debate but looks like to me you jus want the coaching staff gone. Which is retarded im tired of being one of those franchises who always has problems with the managing of the team. Trust em, and when they blow up and we go 4-12 and follow it with another losing season then hes gone hence atlanta. Til then let em do what they do.

No offense igo, but some of the topics you raise question about cause turmoil on this forum. I understand looking at both sides in order to become a better unit, but really its the friggin media man your trying to turn chicken poo into chicken salad. Maybe your just raising debate but looks like to me you jus want the coaching staff gone. Which is retarded im tired of being one of those franchises who always has problems with the managing of the team. Trust em, and when they blow up and we go 4-12 and follow it with another losing season then hes gone hence atlanta. Til then let em do what they do. The dude has 2 back to back division championships who else in the division has done that? quote]

I think he deserves another season after getting the Panthers in the playoffs two seasons in a row and winning a playoff game (regardless of the luck involved or how you look at it, that is a major accomplishment for this franchise), but if the team struggles next year like it did this season, I don't think they'll luck into another division championship to save his job and he should be let go.  They have more money this offseason for FAs so I think they'll be in better shape.  

Sadly, I seen this coming with us making playoffs. Rivera gets another year and we lose 15 draft spots. It was fun, but long term, not sure it'll be worth it.

2 games of playoff experience for our players and even coaching staff is infinitely more important than draft position.

I think it's good to look at the overall arc of any project, and be willing to admit that a project is not complete, before throwing anyone under the bus. THAT is what a good boss does.

We are in a rebuilding year. We are only a few days into our offseason, and the HC and GM have not yet had a chance to sit down with anyone yet. I highly doubt that no changes will be made, but I for one am glad that we have people running the team that don't make the type of knee jerk decisions that we as fans have the luxury of making without consequence.

Would anyone on here like to hear it implied that they are going to be replaced in the media, or hear it in private from their boss? Would you be quick to take a job on a team where you were likely to be thrown under the bus to the media? I think it's good to do those things in private even if the fan in me would love to see Shula get fired live on TV.

As a fan, I would like to see an improved ST coaching staff, as well as a different OC that's willing to make more in game adjustments. We'll see what Gettleman and Rivera come up with after they've met with everyone.

I do believe that Gettleman told Rivera that this year would be tough, if he was going to be able to do what needed to be done to set us up for long term success. I believe that Rivera is the type of leader that's tough enough to shoulder that type of situation. We lost Smitty, Hardy, Mitchell, Ginn, etc. We could have been better this year if we'd done more to keep them, but only for another year or so. I believe we're going to continue to improve. We've had HUGE success with our draft picks for the last several years. Given the time to heal and gel, we have seen positive results from this team.

I think we're only a couple of pieces away from big things. Pieces that can be acquired through this year's free agency and the draft. If we don't improve this coming season, then I guess I'll pick up a pitchfork with everyone else.

We all noted the personnel changes over the last 6 weeks so I can see why theyou are excited about the strides we made.

I think Ron believes those last 6 were more representative of the team moving forward than the first 12

Hammer meet nail =)

The first 12 weeks of the season were a hot mess for everyone.  The past six weeks, we were one of the feared teams in the NFL for a good reason.  Lessons have been learned (you'd have to, I mean, really...), and those will be applied moving forward.

Honestly, we've got to hope that's the case since we have zero power over the decision making process (other than not supporting our team...ewww /shudder).

I don't like Rivera's attitude on this, and I don't consider this a successful season. The fact is that in the regular season, we won 7 games and did not win 9 games, getting ABSOLUTELY SPANKED in 6 of them. Yes, we had 7 wins and 6 spankings. Had our division not sucked, we would all be going crazy about what a terrible season this was. I could actually understand having a losing season with all the holes we seemed to have on our roster, but 6 blowouts in unacceptable and should absolutely still be in the minds of coaching staff, management, players, etc. 

I don't want Rivera fired myself, if only because the grass ain't always greener, but let me say it clearly:

Coach Rivera, your team won this year only as often as you got blown off the freaking field. I'd rather you balance your attitude of "building on recent successes" with one of making darn sure nobody blows us out next year.

Archived