• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Better know a Prospect - Jake Fisher

Jeremy Igo

I hated Notre Dame LT Ronnie Stanley 6'5" 315lbs, decided to stay in school. Stanley was rated one of the top 5 OT's in the early 2015 draft report by WalterFootBall.Com. He would have been a good selection for us, or if someone drafting before us selected him, it would have let another good OT fall down to us.

We had some mixed results with Geoff Schwartz as a 7th round pick out of Oregon. He surprised us with how well he played then couldn't stay healthy. Ended up signing some nice contracts in other cities and still couldn't stay healthy.

But the injuries are not relevant. The fact a tackle from this wonky offense had success in the pros is. What I like about an Oregon tackle, they are used to the no huddle. They are conditioned to run it. And they are used to getting to the line quickly and processing their responsibilities. I like that he is only 300lbs. It's been our experience big lineman don't stay healthy with the exception of Byron Bell. Even he battled injuries this year. Even Star broke his foot in practice simply by stepping on someone.

Im a little torn.

I want a solid vet. a FA who comes in and is solid right away.

I have no clue whos on the market though.

But i also want a LT in the draft that will grow with Newton and have chemistry. Only downside is thre is going to be almost like waiting period until hes up to par.

Hmmmm

It's such a crap shoot. The Packers drafted Bullaga as a stud late in the first. They got Bhaktiari in the 4th. Bhaktiari plays LT as a rookie due to injuries and hasn't lost the job since. We always think we know but we never do.

It's such a crap shoot. The Packers drafted Bullaga as a stud late in the first. They got Bhaktiari in the 4th. Bhaktiari plays LT as a rookie due to injuries and hasn't lost the job since. We always think we know but we never do.

I think we wont go Oline in the first two unless a stud falls. We have some cash I have a feeling we go through FA and take a shot at late round guys.

Im at the point with gettleman where no mayter who he picks and where im excited about it.

Two key rookie starters on O as two UFDAs? Money

I'd take him in the third, absolutely. Maybe even the second. To get a starting OT

in the second works just fine for me.

just because the line gelled at the end of the year doesn't mean we don't need

upgrades at BOTH tackle positions. I'd love to see him and Remmers fight it out

in camp.

One thing you can bet. Gettleman will not pick a player in a round higher than he is rated. If he is rated a 3rd or 4th. Gettleman won't take him in the second. Gettleman does not like to reach.

• Pie 1

• 1 month later...

Was injured early in the Ducks season, and it had a negative effect on the team. Mariotta was sacked 12 times while he was out. The whole Oregon offense showed a marked improvement when he came back. That speaks volumes to me.

Fisher missed 2 games this season with a leg injury, and the Ducks surrendered 12 sacks in those games; they gave up 19 in the other 13 games combined.

2 games without Fisher: 12 sacks allowed (6.00 per game)

13 games with Fisher: 19 sacks allowed (1.46 per game)

• Pie 1

Want.

Right now, Fisher and Jaelen Strong are 1a and 1b on my wish list at #25.  I'm leaning slightly toward Fisher just because I think a legit LT would be a HUGE difference maker for our team.  But, I think Strong is a Dez Bryant clone, so I'd be just fine with that too.

Those were who I wanted in 1 and 2.  

Strong in the 1st

Fisher in the 2nd.

Rest of the draft would just be gravy.  

Now I don't know that either of those two will be available at 25.  

• Pie 1