• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Deflate-Gate: Patriots Being Investigated For Deflated Footballs

Why is BB never suspended? Sean Payton was booted for a year for destroying the integrity of the game. Billy B. has been wiping his ass with the integrity of the game for over a decade.

Didn't the NFL get rid of most of the spygate files? I know for bountygate, those f'ers were finding wadded up pieces of tissue paper with scribbling on it, to judge the Saints by.

Thats like saying why wasnt John Fox and the Panthers or others penalized for cheating or just turning their head the other way?

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=2563563&src=desktop

Ill tell everyone why, because we are nobody and nobody cares.

When teams that repeatedly win, even more sour grapes come out and a team thats probably doing the same as everyone else, just doing it smarter and better gets all the finger pointing.

Just group psychology.

Referee Jim Daopoulos:

"Officials would know if the football had less pressure or more pressure than the required amount and would appropriately substitute the football out."

PDP @RIobserver 7h7 hours ago

@footballzebras @RefereeJimD @MikePereira Given Rule 2 Sections 1 & 2, how likely is it that this is a real issue?

Jim Daopoulos @RefereeJimD

@RIobserver Not an issue at all....

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=2563563&src=desktop

One more time just for those who thinks all teams poo doesnt stink.

What was the headline instead of spygate? "PATRIOTS OVERCOME CHEATING PANTHERS"?

The difference is our team lost. Had the Panthers won the 2003 Superbowl, spygate never happens and the Panthers lose draft picks for allowing a drug enhanced culture.

I love the Panthers but the level of self serving bias and trying to act like sports is above reality is just hilarious.

Are we at the Combine yet?

Seattle wins in the luckiest fashion known to man: "Don't point out their luck, they won clean, it was clutch! Why you gotta hate!"

Patriots win a blow out: "Rar I bet they cheated. I'm not sure how... um... deflated balls! Thats it! I'm so mad!"

on point as usual

i exorcised by hatred of the patriots once we smacked them down in 2013 on MNF. my seething detestation has morphed to begrudging respect over the past decade and now matured into an acknowledgement of one of the best coaching/quarterbacking tandems in the history of the league. i hate them because they're damn good.

i hope one day we get to be the league's bad guys.

So the point you are trying to make is that if you cheat, AND you manage to blow out the other team, you can claim that your cheating is somehow “not equal” to other cheatings, because you would have won anyway?

I think you have allowed your opinion to get a little twisted there unfortunately. What determines whether you cheat or not is the intent, not the outcome. The Patriot’s had every intent of purposely deflating balls, therefore they are cheaters. Period.

What I said is if they used deflated balls, I don't care, and it changes nothing about the fact that the Colts' sucked on offense, which has zero to do with what balls the Patriots' offense used, and the Colts defense did nothing to stop them. 

What I said is acting like "deflated" balls is the same level "cheating" as point-shaving or spying on other teams' practices is stupid. I don't care about "deflated" balls any more than banned supplements or deregulation cleats, which are also "cheating."

Deflated balls didn't cause the Colts' defense to surrender 45 points, and everyone acting like it did is a fool. How about getting to Brady once in a while? A few ounces didn't keep them from doing that. 

on point as usual

i exorcised by hatred of the patriots once we smacked them down in 2013 on MNF. my seething detestation has morphed to begrudging respect over the past decade and now matured into an acknowledgement of one of the best coaching/quarterbacking tandems in the history of the league. i hate them because they're damn good.

these are pretty much my exact feelings

i absolutely hated the patriots after the super bowl loss.  my hatred for belichick and brady was really only rivaled by the vick-era falcons.  i hated their bandwagon fans, hated how they were always in the playoffs, hated that masshole my mom worked with who wore his stupid pats sweater every friday and loved to torment panther fans, and everything else that had anything to do with them.  that probably peaked in 2007 when they went 18-0 and holy hell was it glorious watching the giants drop them in the super bowl.  but over the years as other teams rose, peaked, and collapsed (sometimes going through the entire cycle more than once) the patriots seemed to pretty much remain consistent, and that was something that i grew to respect.

on point as usual

So people are saying Brady prefers his balls to be softer. If by saying, "that doesn't surpise me at all" makes me a hater...so be it. Not that their's anything wrong with that.

I didn't have as long to resent the Patriots after our Super Bowl as most people, because my cousin got signed as a back-up LT there in 2005 and played with them for a few years. Most of my extended family in the heart of Alabama are Patriots fans over it lol

Archived