• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How high are we on Philly Brown

FuFuLamePoo

I think he can be a solid slot guy for us.  Sure handed, fast, tall enough for the slot, and great work ethic.  I don't want him on the outside, and believe he can thrive as the fourth option (Olsen, Benji, WR2, Brown).  In those early games of the year I remember Brown stepping up at the WR2 spot and overachieving there.  Not saying he will set the world on fire, but if his expectations are to kill a defense as a check-down option, deep threat down the seam and sure-handed third down chain mover, I'd be happy.

Realistically, Brown would be a terrific fourth WR.  I am not sure that he has the body to take 16 games of NFL pounding.

We need another good, outside WR (I don't want to call it a #2; I think a complement to Benjamin) and a speedy, sure-handed slot. I would not mind a possession-type WR like Cotchery and Brown splitting time there, playing situationally

Really? Because according to Gettleman and the coaching staff, they were really surprised he didn't get drafted... To me that shows how high they are on him. I do think he won't be no more than a slot guy but if we add a speedster with him than I believe the WR will be much improved.

He needs to get in the weight room and beef up just a tad bit or he'll get abused in press and be delegated to slot for the rest of his career, which is okay but we need much more than that. I do not want him as a top 2 receiver either way but he needs alot of work. I appreciate what he was able to do this season though.

Really? Because according to Gettleman and the coaching staff, they were really surprised he didn't get drafted... To me that shows how high they are on him. I do think he won't be no more than a slot guy but if we add a speedster with him than I believe the WR will be much improved.

I know they said that, but....

Drafting him shows how high they are on him.  If they really thought, with the roster empty at WR, that they could get a starting slot guy out of Brown, they would have taken him in the sixth round.

I think he has shown he can play on the outside and out of the slot, and has made a difference when he was in.

He has also been injured more than once in a season.

Therefore i want him to stay. Hes undrafted and many always expect someone to fail even when theh ball out because of it. The dude catches and has shown hes versatile.

Doesnt mean we dont draft another if one is there.

Realistically, Brown would be a terrific fourth WR. I am not sure that he has the body to take 16 games of NFL pounding.

We need another good, outside WR (I don't want to call it a #2; I think a complement to Benjamin) and a speedy, sure-handed slot. I would not mind a possession-type WR like Cotchery and Brown splitting time there, playing situationally

I agree with this but Corey needs to up his value with special team play. .

Archived