• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

IF you could ONLY choose one?

DanTheMan

I pray that G'man never has to make this decision - you are losing either way.  If we replace Cam with a middle of the pack QB we are either better or exactly the same... that's what he is right now: middle of the pack (and passer rating alone says he is significantly worse). If we replace Luke with a middle of the pack mlb we get worse.

I'm optimistic though, I'm hoping a better line, a better WR corp, and a better OC (please!) help Cam up to the elite category.

I do not want any bashing in this thread. It is a very honest question considering the money just might not be there to re-sign both.

Nah we will resign both and still have money.  All that money at RB is going to go away the next 2 years, will use that on Luke and Cam. 

Cam. Cammy Cam. Cameron Jerrell Newton.

Why you ask? Simple. Competent quarterbacks are hard to come by. Competent quarterbacks with the current talent/skill Cam has and potential for those talents/skills to expand are impossible to come by. We have one and I wouldn't want to give that up.  A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush. Give me Cam.

I love what Luke Kuechly brings to our defense and organization, but I have to believe that it's easier to find linebackers than it is to find a franchise QB.

One look at our history should tell you that. How many outstanding (maybe not Hall of Fame potential but really good nonetheless) linebackers has this organization had. Plenty. Now look at our QBs. How many serviceable QBs have we been able to find? One? Maybe two? I believe that's your answer.

Give me Cam. Sorry Luke.

Side note: with Gettlemagic, we'll be able to keep both. Our organization is changing before our eyes. Even our philosophy - youth versus veterans. We've never been this young of a team even in the beginning. It's exciting.

17-19 per year for Cam

9-11 for Luke.

It's more about the structure for me, but if Cam takes an 18 mil per year average over a 5 year extension with lot's paid up front....not backloaded, I'm taking Cam.  If he is wanting north of 20m...I'm probably picking Luke.

Archived