• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Case Dismissed

Jase

49ers CEO Jed York on Ray McDonald

My character is, I will not punish somebody until we see evidence that it should be done or before an entire organization, an entire legal, police investigation, shows us something.

We could've done this and had the guy we payed 17 million on the field.

Goodell took him off the field not us (except for one game)

Exactly how DA and prosecutors want you to feel so it doesn't look like they just wasted everyone's time

That's a CYA rumor started by the prosecution because that makes them look better than having to admit that their star witness is a fraud who didn't want to be exposed for what she really is in a courtroom for all the world to see.

Hardy got railroaded, just as I said when it happened and reiterated when we screwed him.

What due process?

I do want him back but it would have to be at a team friendly number. Lock him up and let Ealy replace Johnson in a year or so.

Exactly, I'm in total agreement and even Hardy's questionable behavior hasn't even been all that bad compared to many other NFL players who keep playing for their team.

I want him back too but it would be on Greg to take a smaller deal IMO...not that he has to do that or anything but I would be interested to see how things panned out if Greg actually did take a Panthers discount to stay what would happen...

Sad situation for the Panthers. Completely fuged over and nobody cares

Would be...except they're not.

The entire defense doesn't rise or fall on the presence of Greg Hardy.

We tagged him because we thought we could work out a long term friendlier deal before the season.

Not per Bill Voth.

Voth said they tagged him as a one year rental.  They never intended to sign him to a long term deal (too much risk).

Explain to me how settling with Holder (i.e. Paying off a witness) makes him look more innocent.

I'm pretty sure you are from Europe so you might not understand America cynicism. Hardy paying Holder to keep her mouth shut is called a bribe here. He probably sent her on a nice vacation, he gets his charges dropped and will profit in free agency. The public will view this as a rich man getting away with a crime. Justice was not served.

Not saying I agree with that view of things, but it will be the spin most uninformed people put on it.

If this is the case, tell me why he waited until the day of his trial, to pay off the witness?  Couldn't he have done that many months ago and played this past season?  That makes absolutely no sense.

It's funny how people think this means none of this happened. What you're seeing is Greg Hardy taking some of that cash he didn't work for and paying Holder to make it go away. Jerry Richardson's money going towards some woman's blow habit is just as insulting as Greg being found guilty in the first place. I still have zero doubts he did it, or else this "civil settlement" to make her leave town wouldn't have been required.

Greg made a smart financial investment. Take a few million and leave town, let me get my not guilty verdict, and we'll all be happy. That's why you pay the lawyers.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

LOLOLOLOL

OLOLO

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Bitch got paid and took off. JUST LIKE SHE WANTED.

Give her credit. She played this thing perfectly, now she's a millionaire.

the insane, nuts logic that you don't make a settlement for a case you're going to win.

I don't know where people get this misconception that people don't settle cases or make plea deals when they are innocent or are going to win.

Anyone that says this is completely ignorant of court proceedings of any kind.

If this is the case, tell me why he waited until the day of his trial, to pay off the witness?  Couldn't he have done that many months ago and played this past season?  That makes absolutely no sense.

All evidence suggests that they haven't been able to get in touch with Holder for many, many months. Last contact being in October. Looks like he did exactly that. But you can't get a case dismissed until the accuser actually "no shows" on the trial date. That's why the trial date being bumped past the end of the season meant that we weren't going to see Hardy on the field this season.

Archived