• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Case Dismissed

Jase

Just read this.  Everyone on the first page or two is acting as if a dismissal means innocent of wrongdoing. The NFL is a business, and he tarnished the shield. They are not interested in his purchased justice   (It suggests that he used our money to pay her to get lost.)  He is still under NFL's microscope.

The shield tarnished Hardy and themselves more than Hardy tarnished the shield.

Why is everyone so surprised and/or outraged?  I never thought this case was going to come to much if she did or did not show up.  None of the principals or the witnesses were absolutely credible.  The time for surprise and outrage has been long gone.  Hardy should have never allowed himself to get into the situation.  Hopefully it will be the last lesson that he needs to get his poo straight.

As for the future, I am not making any predictions, but at the end of the day I do think that money and grace---on all sides---will tell the story as to where Hardy does or doesn't end up.

From what I remember from my Criminal Justice classes, it takes a lot more proof to convict in a criminal case than it does a civil case. So, since the DA didn't have the witness or most likely enough other proof to get past the 90% doubt threshold, it was dismissed.

Now, we take the civil case, which requires a lot lower standard of proof to reward a judgment settlement. IIRC, it's like 65% or so in layman's terms, for burden of proof in comparison. Not saying this is the case here, but this may very well be a situation where there was not enough evidence to convict criminally, so his case is dismissed, but there was enough for a civil award, so his team settled.

Add in that FA is right around the corner, it could even be that the civil case most likely would have been won, but would have been a long, drawn out affair that would have been ongoing throughout the period, and his lawyers pushed the settlement to finish it all up before then, as others have said. 4 million in order to make a potential 50 million or more? Yeah, I'd pay that, even though I was innocent. It's the smart thing to do, and I'm sure Drew was telling him that.

Voth is probably the best source available for Panther info right now. That he has good contacts and sources within the organization is something pretty much no one doubts. Zod has testified plenty to that fact.

If you wanna say he's wrong, show some evidence that contradicts him.

If all you've got is you vs Voth, afraid you lose.

Well I can't argue against Voth apparently. Seems airtight.

You win again.

Paying Holder to stay away.........and reduce the heat from the burner that the media turned up to high..

Isn't that the same thing Goodell did with the commish list?          Paying players to stay away,  and hope the national media forgets about it.  ?

Dude, this is awesome.  I hadn't drawn that parallel yet.

fug Goodell

Archived