• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Hardy Suspension Likely

Jeremy Igo

Lastly,

I'm really hating this current panther offseason and with a realist view of the current FA class, its not going to get better. My hope is there will be cuts that will benefit the panthers.

Trade CJ to Chicago for a 3rd round pick. Clear up 20 million in cap space if that's how that works. Never happen but a cool thought.

I dont give a poo about Hardy. But damn though. We franchise him, then he gets put on the exempt list and played one game.

Id much rather the NFL grant us that money in cap space that we payed him not to play. Otherwise, if he does sign with another team, they pay us that money back somehow in the form of pure cash or picks or something.

Just messed up he couldn't play because of the exempt list...but still gets paid and we lose that money as if throwing it out the window.

I asked about that in one of other 1,694 hardy threads, what about cap space? Panthers should get the option of a few million to be added to the roll over cap number. To me it seems fair.

Charges being dismissed is not really the same thing as being innocent.

We all know what really happened here....he paid her and she went away. We will never know how innocent he was in all of this....my personal belief is that the truth lies somewhere between their two stories. Not as guilty as she portrayed him, but not as innocent as he was portraying.

So again we all believe that both were at fault for the situation that was a misdemeanor. . And nobody should have been punished and they should both just never be around each other.. like I guess has happened. .

In other words...we, who got on our soapbox prematurely, need some sort of justification/rationale to continue pretending to be the so-called moral authority. Meanwhile, Johnny fuging Football can take photos with a rolled up dollar bill and some mystery white powdered substance. He, by many accounts, is an alcoholic as well. Yet he remained active for the ENTIRE season and people are like poor guy. Are there even rules to this world anymore?

Ben had already been accused a few times by that point, not to mention Ben hadn't already been deactivated 17 games the season before.

It's possible he gets suspended, but I think the NFLPA will have something to say about it. Rice got punished twice, and the NFL ended up with egg on their face because of it. I don't know if they are going to want to make that mistake again. Who knows though.

Yeah, because they really went to bat for him last season. I don't see it happening. During the great domestic violence witch hunt, defending one of the accused the equivalent of kicking Lena Dunham in the baby maker.

All charges are drop different story now.. Now they have a firm platform to defend him..

What you have to remember is that the NFL will make its decision completely on how the wind is blowing in the mainstream media.  If Bob Costas and others of his ilk start demanding Hardy be suspended, guilt be damned, then the NFL will completely cave just like it did last season.  What the NFL has done with regards to cases like this in the past does not matter.  What makes sense does not matter.  What seems equitable does not matter.  The NFL has proven to be run by a bunch of gutless, clueless, self serving, idiots, who fall completely to pieces when a certain crowd starts calling it names.  The sooner the rest of us stop trying to read tea leaves and remember all of that, the quicker we can all stop wasting our time making speculation based on what happened with Big Ben or pretty  much anything else the NFL has ever done prior to the Ray Rice video being made public.

Y'all hate my theory and blah blah blah. I get it, but at the end of the day,

Hardy and Drew made the NFL look stupid and totally undermined their perfect "Franchise" process!

That's what the NFL wants Hardy to pay for! They could care less about Holder or Rice's wife or McDonalds wife, it's when the integrity of the shield gets compromised!

Hardy did what no other Franchised player could do, get paid to and not be there

Archived