• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ted Ginn Jr could return to Panthers

Jeremy Igo

I'm down for a Ted Ginn reunion tour. Liked the guy while he was here, and was very disappointed we couldn't keep him. For what we'd use him for and his value to us, $2 million would be a great deal. We need that downfield speed, and that's something he offers.

Not that I would not want him back but I feel like he would be a 3rd "wave" of free agency kind of signing.(assuming he is cut).

Other than experience, I feel we could get someone in the draft or another FA that would be able fulfill he return duties AND give better production from the WR spot. 

• Pie 3

Also I heard Pittsburgh might cut mike Mitchell....reunion?

Lol...

People threw temper tantrums when Daddy Dave let those two walk. One year later and both are likely to be cut because they were vastly overpaid.

I could see Ginn coming back on a cheap 1-3 year deal. Cam Newton is the only QB who he's ever had success with.

This is what great teams like the Patriots do. They've done it for over a decade. We're not gonna pay you, go get your money. We'll be waiting with peanuts when you get cut.

• Pie 9

Part of me thinks that fumble  against us in the playoffs was intentional.

It sounds stupid, but I somewhat agree.  He had the best year of his career here, he knows he is a viable option for Newton for the deep ball and they seemed to gel when he was here.  Did he intentionally fumble? no.  But don't think he was overly upset at the end result of the game.  

This is my hope.