• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Will Select Cameron Erving With #25

chknwing

I think he's most fit to be an LT out of all of the OL positions.  He's an everything type which is a good asset to have if let's say Kalil or Turner or Norwell or Remmers or a FA signing go down.

Jack of All Trades, Master At None?

I think there will be better talent available for us at 25 though.

I agree.

I'm thinking we solve the LT problem we have via free agency, and go either pass rusher or some sort of offensive weapon in the first round. My thinking is they would want a veteran presence on the most important position on the o-line.

Would love this.

Sign Dunlap, get an impact pass rusher or wide receiver.

Wouldn't be surprised if we grabbed another DE

Me neither. I don't want us to, but wouldn't hate it if G-man thinks it's the right pick. I hope we can land Landon Collins, La'el Collins, Kevin White, DeVante Parker, or Shaq Thompson. Feel like we have a decent chance at one of those guys being available when we pick.

Adequate... so, immediate upgrade?

That is exactly what I thought. 

He would give you options---, you can still draft a LT later (project) and begin developing him for the job.  Next year, or whenever Kalil's contract outweighs his production, it gives you an All-Pro Center to replace an All-pro center. 

I am not sure that you draft a player in the first round to do that, but Gettlemen is a smart man--if he does it, I agree with it until he proves me wrong.

If this guy is there at 25, hes a panther.  I will wager any amount of Arsens money to prove it.  Carolina needs a LT and this guy was born to be an LT and will be staring carolina in the eye sitting there waiting at #25.  He has very little downside.  2 Cams cant be bad, right?  Not to mention, this guy can play center.  Thats a huge plus for any LT.  Having protected the #1 QB and most likely #1 over all pick, Jameis Winston, Erving finally gives Cam some decent protection. 

You bastard... I totally entered this thread by pure luck and you have to bring my name up.  I don't have any money, my wife takes it all....

Archived