• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Has Voth changed his opinion of Hardy's future?

Nick_81

he's said he'd play for free. If he wants to come back at a fair price or free, he should be able to.

Well, he can't play for free, but I think we all understand his sentiment.  

The one thing that has always soured me on Hardy is that his primary focus is money.  Now, he has the talent to be able to play in the NFL, and if that's his motive then God bless him...  I'm just not drawn to people like that.  It would shock the poo out of me if he came back on a "team friendly" deal, it would change my view of him completely.  Basically, I'd have a shitload more respect for him as a person.  Not that it matters to him  :P

I'd be happy with a cap friendly one year prove it deal with tons of incentives to motivate him.  I still think he's as good as gone but, this is the only way I could see the Panthers willing to bring him back.  It's good for both sides if he fugs up again, he's on a cheap one year deal and they definitely WILL let him go.  But if he tears it up, he'll get a big deal either here or elsewhere.  It's not like other teams are going to give him the deal he could have commanded last year with an impending suspension likely and his past legal issues.  Time will tell.

Interesting that on here there a people who rip Hardy apart and call him selfish and a self promoter and not a team player and a bad guy, but then you got team leader advocating for him to stay.

Most just say he is too risky of an investment....

and if Cam and Luke ain't begging for it.....does it really matter?

This sort of news doesn't even contradict what JI has been saying. The office intends to let him walk. This is the players trying to keep him. Maybe it'll work out that way, but it's tough to be optimistic that it would.

When there's a will, there's a way.  I think if he loves this team he would be willing to take that pay cut.  Maybe it's just BS in the long run, but he would vastly help our SB chances this year.  

Archived