• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

League files motion for Hardy's evidence

philit99

Demand him to be fired. I'll wait

I had a hard time believing he'd survive the Ray Rice fiasco.  Granted the league slyly limiting the investigation (i.e. having Mueller refrain from investigating whether there was a cover up) was a clear CYA gesture.  Now they can say "see, we had an independent investigation and found nothing", even if they really didn't.

But after all that, in a year when the league took more hits than Glass Joe in Mike Tyson's Punch Out, they still paid him 35 million.

Something tells me a few fan complaints or boos from the draft audience isn't likely to change their minds.

How would Roger suspending him from football games be overstepping the U.S. Justice system?

He didn't say "suspend", he said "oversteps".

For example: Goodell and the NFL could demand to see private and privileged information, while effectively suggesting that they will suspend Hardy if he doesn't reveal it (even though said information could be legally defined as the lawyer's work product".  Or, they could even demand the specifics of the supposed civil settlement which is confidential to all parties involved. 

I had a hard time believing he'd survive the Ray Rice fiasco.  Granted the league slyly limiting the investigation (i.e. having Mueller refrain from investigating whether there was a cover up) was a clear CYA gesture.  Now they can say "see, we had an independent investigation and found nothing", even if they really didn't.

But after all that, in a year when the league took more hits than Glass Joe in Mike Tyson's Punch Out, they still paid him 35 million.

Something tells me a few fan complaints or boos from the draft audience isn't likely to change their minds.

I know that when I rant about the injustice of the Walmart goods acquisition system and their employee pay scale, THEY LISTEN!

I was informed after the Hardy charges were dismissed that innocent was innocent.

Are you saying that innocent is innocent for Greg Hardy, but not for Ben Roethlisberger?

Ben was on his 3rd accusers. . At that point guilt or innocence isn't a question... He was looking like a public menace. . The league had to look like they were doing something. . This is Greg's 1st incident. .

If you get a speeding ticket once you don't get the same punishment as somebody on their 3rd ticket. .

Ben was on his 3rd accusers. . At that point guilt or innocence isn't a question... He was looking like a public menace. . The league had to look like they were doing something. . This is Greg's 1st incident. .

If you get a speeding ticket once you don't get the same punishment as somebody on their 3rd ticket. .

So, to sum up your equivocation above, innocent is innocent for Hardy, but innocent is NOT innocent for Roethlisberger.

It would have been a lot simpler if you had just said so.

I'm speaking more to Roger deciding whose guilty and whose innocent rather than the justice system for no other reason to protect himself

and frankly the first day of the draft is like waiting for my birthday right now because the wave of hate that man is going to receive the instant his leather loafers graze the stage is going to be like a tidal wave of comedy. usually i start to feel bad for him after the 20th pick or so, but i dont think i will this year. Boo on, gents.

Roger suspending Hardy for 2 games wouldn't be him deciding Hardy was guilty....

Just like if your boss suspended you if you found yourself legally embarrassing your company bc you put yourself in a bad situation.

And yes, Hardy hanging out with coke snorting fools.....is a mistake Hardy made and one that impacted many

No, this is still about the domestic violence.

As I said, all that has been proven us that he paid holder and she went away.

League is evaluating whether tgere us enough there to warrant a suspension.

Remember Rothlesberger was suspended even though he was never found guilty.

Not saying he should it should not. Just what I think the league is looking at.

It hasnt been proven that he paid her, though its obvious. If there were proof of money changing hands hardy would be put in jail for contempt or something of that nature. This was talked about from the judge i believe, but there is no

Proof of this so it is what it is.

Roger suspending Hardy for 2 games wouldn't be him deciding Hardy was guilty....

Just like if your boss suspended you if you found yourself legally embarrassing your company bc you put yourself in a bad situation.

And yes, Hardy hanging out with coke snorting fools.....is a mistake Hardy made and one that impacted many

He could get 2 games but he won't get 6... Rodger can't fly 6 games past the NFLPA for embarrassment. .

Archived