• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It wasn't really "mutual"

Mr. Scot

Harbaugh says parting with 49ers wasn't mutual

"I was told I wouldn’t be the coach any more,” Harbaugh said.  “And then . . . you can call it ‘mutual,’ I mean, I wasn’t going to put the 49ers in the position to have a coach that they didn’t want any more.  But that’s the truth of it.  I didn’t leave the 49ers.  I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me.”

Harbaugh also confirmed that he was told he wouldn’t be returning on the Monday after a Week 15 loss to the Seahawks.  He opted not to leave at that point.

“I wanted to finish what I started — what we started,” Harbaugh said.  “And I have great fond memories of it.”

Some of the memories apparently aren’t so fond.  Someday, Harbaugh may have a lot more to say about it.

“I don’t think we were playing out of the same playbook,” Harbaugh said.  “But maybe there’ll be a book some day.  Maybe I’ll write a manuscript.”

Shocking, right?

Who could possibly have seen this coming? :unsure:

His personality is waaaayyyy better suited to college coaching than pro coaching.

With the resources Michigan can provide, I think he'll thrive there.

As to the 49ers thriving, uuuhhh... :unsure:

yep. grown men don't respond so well to ultimatums and militant ordering/condescending attitudes.

football after all, though a profession, it's still a game. you take the fun out of it and it usually results negatively.

players win games, not coaches. it's the same in every sport.

Not much would make me happier than to see the 49ers go back to how they were before Harbaugh got there.  They don't have much legit talent that's been brought in since Harbaugh got there, not much improvement to the actual roster.  That rookie LB that was supposed to be good, I think Aldon Smith got there after Harbaugh.  Not much else.  So I could definitely see them going back to what they were before him.

The 9ers are a joke, they'll probably go 4-12 next season. Their owner is a spoiled manchild. He got rid of a top 5 HC because he wanted an ass kissing yes man. Their DLine coach turned HC looks like a complete train wreck but at least he cleans up the locker room and is nice to that chick in accounting cause those are important qualities a HC needs to have.

Here is a note about their new OC:

After getting turned down by Kyle Shanahan, Adam Gase, Lane Kiffin, Rob Chudzinski, someone named Bob Bicknell, and maybe others, the 49ers turned to Geep Chryst to be the offensive coordinator, according to a report.

Chryst was the 49ers’ quarterbacks coach the past four seasons. Under Chryst’s tutelage, Colin Kaepernick earned no trips to the Pro Bowl and his passer rating decreased from 98.3 in 2012 to 91.6 in 2013 to 86.4 in 2014.

Chryst also drew up the plays for the 49ers’ robust red-zone offense, which ranked 30th in 2011, 15th in 2012, 15th in 2013 and 29th in 2014.

Chryst was an NFL offensive coordinator for two seasons 15 years ago, so he has experience.

Home run hire.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/report-49ers-settle-geep-chryst/

I mean just LOL at this organization

After getting turned down by Kyle Shanahan, Adam Gase, Lane Kiffin, Rob Chudzinski, someone named Bob Bicknell, and maybe others, the 49ers turned to Geep Chryst to be the offensive coordinator, according to a report.

Chryst was the 49ers’ quarterbacks coach the past four seasons. Under Chryst’s tutelage, Colin Kaepernick earned no trips to the Pro Bowl and his passer rating decreased from 98.3 in 2012 to 91.6 in 2013 to 86.4 in 2014.

Chryst also drew up the plays for the 49ers’ robust red-zone offense, which ranked 30th in 2011, 15th in 2012, 15th in 2013 and 29th in 2014.

Chryst was an NFL offensive coordinator for two seasons 15 years ago, so he has experience.

Home run hire.

at least we won't be the only ones screaming geepus chryst when our offensive coordinator calls plays

The 9ers are a joke, they'll probably go 4-12 next season. Their owner is a spoiled manchild. He got rid of a top 5 HC because he wanted an ass kissing yes man. Their DLine coach turned HC looks like a complete train wreck but at least he cleans up the locker room and is nice to that chick in accounting cause those are important qualities a HC needs to have.

Here is a note about their new OC:

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/report-49ers-settle-geep-chryst/

I mean just LOL at this organization

I actually think Geep (pronounced 'Jeep') Chryst is a good choice for OC.

That said, I still think the Niners will suck this year (and probably for a while).

Archived