• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo released...

Nick_81

Man, fuck Dave Gettleman. The dude can draft and manage the cap, but he sure does have a knack for releasing some of our best players like Smitty, Beason and D-will and creating a whole bunch of dead money in the process. Having Deangelo on the roster, if only for depth, definitely would have been worth the 2 million or so this will save us against the cap.

I hope, if he doesn't retire, Williams goes to a team we play next year so he can kick our ass, à la Smitty last year. Maybe then Gettleman will learn to not release players when they still have something left in the tank, or else next year it might be Kalil or Davis who gets the ax.

#AwfulTakes

I couldn't disagree more with your post.

This is heavy sarcasm, right?

I'm going to interpret this post as sarcasm.

Not sarcasm at all. I just disagree with the general consensus around here that Deangelo is over the hill and deserved to get cut. I think he would have been fine depth this year.

The fact of the matter is we're paying over 10 million dollars in dead money between Smith and Williams not to play for us next year. I'm not capologist, but that seems like a bad deal to me. I'd rather have those 2 on the 53 than Cotchery or some 6th round rookie RB.

Man, fug Dave Gettleman. The dude can draft and manage the cap, but he sure does have a knack for releasing some of our best players like Smitty, Beason and D-will and creating a whole bunch of dead money in the process. Having Deangelo on the roster, if only for depth, definitely would have been worth the 2 million or so this will save us against the cap.

I hope, if he doesn't retire, Williams goes to a team we play next year so he can kick our ass, à la Smitty last year. Maybe then Gettleman will learn to not release players when they still have something left in the tank, or else next year it might be Kalil or Davis who gets the ax.

hilarious troll post man. be sure and let everyone know you're kidding though, some people might think you actually mean that ha ha

Lets be real here.  Everyone knew that this day would come including DeAngelo.  I will surely miss seeing his big runs and his smile as well as the Matrix thing he had going with Stewart.

And for those who posted nonstop they hated him and wanted him gone for years, stop with I am going to miss him crap posts.  Man up and admit you are happy he is gone.  Nothing worse than two faced BS.

Me, I am a Panther before him and will be a Panther fan after him. I have fond memories of his time here and will cherish those. I hope that Stewart is the man and has shown he can handle the workload he is going to be given.  It is his time now.  I hope he lives up to the challenge. 

Not sarcasm at all. I just disagree with the general consensus around here that Deangelo is over the hill and deserved to get cut. I think he would have been fine depth this year.

The fact of the matter is we're paying over 10 million dollars in dead money between Smith and Williams not to play for us next year. I'm not capologist, but that seems like a bad deal to me. I'd rather have those 2 on the 53 than Cotchery or some 6th round rookie RB.

How is the weather in SoCal, Marty?

The fact of the matter is we're paying over 10 million dollars in dead money between Smith and Williams not to play for us next year. I'm not capologist, but that seems like a bad deal to me. I'd rather have those 2 on the 53 than Cotchery or some 6th round rookie RB.

We would be paying Smith 11mil to play for us this year if he was still here!

It was fun.. Gonna miss you D... But after the smith gut punch this was pretty painless. Gotta do what's best for the team and put the best 53 on the field.. Stewarts the man and I think Fozzy Whitaker can step into the number two back Nicely. Keep pounding!

Will bet anything Fozzy will not be our #2.

Almost willing to bet anything that you shouldn't pencil Stew in a no.1 just yet! I'm sure Gman is very aware of Stewarts love affair with the stationary bike and will make a solid plan B that isn't Fozzy or Reaves starting

Are you a woman?

Nope, just a dude who thinks that this was a bad football decision. It seems that you and a a lot of people disagree, and that's ok.

#AwfulTakes

Whatever, Zod. You run a fine website, sir, but I think you and this whole "Hooray, we cut Williams" hype train are wrong on this one. Time will tell, I suppose.

hilarious troll post man. be sure and let everyone know you're kidding though, some people might think you actually mean that ha ha

"Hey everyone, come point and laugh at this idiot who thinks cutting Deangelo was a bad idea. What a loser! Hahahaha!"

Man, fug Dave Gettleman. The dude can draft and manage the cap, but he sure does have a knack for releasing some of our best players like Smitty, Beason and D-will and creating a whole bunch of dead money in the process. Having Deangelo on the roster, if only for depth, definitely would have been worth the 2 million or so this will save us against the cap.

I hope, if he doesn't retire, Williams goes to a team we play next year so he can kick our ass, à la Smitty last year. Maybe then Gettleman will learn to not release players when they still have something left in the tank, or else next year it might be Kalil or Davis who gets the ax.

LOL... good one.

DeAngelo is over the hill man... 32 is ancient for a RB.  Also, I don't see anyone saying he "deserves" to get cut.  It's just time.  We save $2 million, if June 1st, and open a roster spot for younger talent.  I'd rather have a younger guy personally, and there are some really good RB's in the draft this year.

Archived