• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo released...

Nick_81

lol when he signs with another team it's going to be "them panthers did dwill dirty i hope he goes off for 200 and 3 TDs when he plays the panthers real panther fans are rooting for 34" etc

No, they won't. The reason people were pissed over the Steve Smith cut was because Gettleman bungled the whole thing and it lasted for months. That has not happened here.

Anyone else think there's something more to the timing of it though? Like, maybe Gettleman watched the RBs at the combine and feels confident he'll get a guy to replacehim on tthe roster, so they did it now... Or is it purely based on the cap hit and all that good stuff?

Could be but I doubt it. Gettleman always says how he is a film guy, and mentioned he hadn't gotten much of a chance to look into film yet.

I suppose if between his interview last week and today he looked at a lot of film it's possible.

Could be but I doubt it. Gettleman always says how he is a film guy, and mentioned he hadn't gotten much of a chance to look into film yet.

I suppose if between his interview last week and today he looked at a lot of film it's possible.

Gettlemen did him a favor by cutting him now. We could have waited through the draft and see what fell to us but he did the up and up thing and cut him.

Thing is, the Panthers have not cut him yet.

Williams is just going out and breaking the news himself. Nothing is official.

David Newton said on twitter the Panthers have no plans to make an announcement today.

No, they won't. The reason people were pissed over the Steve Smith cut was because Gettleman bungled the whole thing and it lasted for months. That has not happened here.

gettleman issued like one statement on it after he was released and said that all players on the roster were being evaluated at the combine.  the rest of it was fans like you going apeshit on the internet and steve smith talking trash to anyone with a microphone that would listen.

Archived