• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

DeAngelo released...

Nick_81

gettleman issued like one statement on it after he was released and said that all players on the roster were being evaluated at the combine.  the rest of it was fans like you going apeshit on the internet and steve smith talking trash to anyone with a microphone that would listen.

I call bullsh*t. Saying this:

"Steve's had a great career," Gettleman told reporters in Indianapolis. "He really has. None of us are here forever."

Is NOT the same as saying "everyone is evaluated". He talked about Steve in past tense. He left it in limbo for weeks. That's Gettleman's fault. Saying otherwise is a complete lie, and the fact Gettleman hasn't done that with DeAngelo pretty much proves that.

I call bullsh*t. Saying this:

"Steve's had a great career," Gettleman told reporters in Indianapolis. "He really has. None of us are here forever."

Is NOT the same as saying "everyone is evaluated". He talked about Steve in past tense. He left it in limbo for weeks. That's Gettleman's fault. Saying otherwise is a complete lie, and the fact Gettleman hasn't done that with DeAngelo pretty much proves that.

maybe i just wasn't as massively butthurt by that as his fanboys.  it's a different outlook i guess because i didn't think that steve smith was bigger or more important than the franchise.

With Getttleman it is all business.   If you are paid top dollar, then you have to play like a top dollar player.  It doesn;t matter if you are well liked or  what you did in the past.  Dwill has not played 16 games for several years, but was paid to be the #1 rb.  Stewart should take note and be ready to play a full season next year or be let go also.    Gettleman will look at every player on the team and make decisions based upon production .  Hurney overpaid players and will take a while for Gettleman to get everything balanced based upon the facts.  Look for Johnson to rework his contract or be on the list of overpaid Hurney players and be let go when possible.  We have to pay Cam and Kuechly and they are the future of our team.

Archived