• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

D Will says Panthers didn't reach out to him when his mother died

QCkilla

They went to CJ's mother's funeral because after DW's mother's funeral they admitted they could have done more and talked to him about it. They made a new team policy to address such situations. They dealt with this and moved on but he decided to bring it up the day he gets released in a sensationalized lead up to the interview.

The issue is really Deangello's little game yesterday IMO.

Much like I said after the SS release debacle, learning and improving is what matters. DG learned from the Smitty release and now treads lightly when talking about potential cuts. If they learned from a perceived mistake with the passing of deangelo's mother then good for them.

Richardson and Gettledouche are like corporate America, they want a fuging copy of the death certificate to prove why you are taking time off and don't give a poo about anyone but themselves, unless they can write it off somewhere on a tax form or make money off it.

His teammates are his co-workers. No matter how shitty your employ is, under normal circumstances, the people you work with every day will do something whenever you have a death in the immediate family. How did they react when his mother died? Who knows.

Whats it like working for the panthers? I didnt know their policies were so harsh. Hell I work for "corporate America" and I didnt have to do hardly anything when my mother passed.

Jeremy said it best earlier. This might be a situation where Deangelo needs to look himself in the mirror and ask why they didnt come. Also I stated earlier 48 hour notice is what I gave friends and family for my mothers funeral. I had family that couldn't make it but made Damn sure they contacted me and my family. There is more to this than we will ever know

The fact that the only guy that came was a guy who was suspended and sitting at home could be telling. I mean, strictly from a logistical point of view. If it was in Arkansas and on a film session or practice day or something I don't know. Does anyone know when exactly it was held and how the corresponds to the team schedule?

The fact that the only guy that came was a guy who was suspended and sitting at home could be telling. I mean, strictly from a logistical point of view. If it was in Arkansas and on a film session or practice day or something I don't know. Does anyone know when exactly it was held and how the corresponds to the team schedule?

Julius Peppers rented a private jet and flew out the entire defense to attend Brian Urlachers moms funeral. So this does speak volumes of DeAngelo that one person showed.

Archived