• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One Year Later, Would You Still Be Interested?

NJPanthers12

Last year it seemed like once Steve Smith was released everyone, including myself, wanted Dave Gettleman to sign And bring home Hakeem Nicks. As we all know he went off to Indianapolis and didn't have a great season. Now a year later he is back on the market and I believe he could still be a good for the Panthers. He is still young and will be going into his year 27 season at the beginning of the year. He didn't have a great year so I believe he will come cheaply and possibly less than what he got last year. I know we need speed but this move wouldn't prevent us from taking someone in the draft and bringing back Ginn. Originally I was all aboard the Torrey Smith bandwagon, but after seeing what he rejected in Baltimore I am not holding my breath.

So a year later does Hakeem Nicks still interest you guys?

Last year it seemed like once Steve Smith was released everyone, including myself, wanted Dave Gettleman to sign And bring home Hakeem Nicks. As we all know he went off to Indianapolis and didn't have a great season. Now a year later he is back on the market and I believe he could still be a good for the Panthers. He is still young and will be going into his year 27 season at the beginning of the year. He didn't have a great year so I believe he will come cheaply and possibly less than what he got last year. I know we need speed but this move wouldn't prevent us from taking someone in the draft and bringing back Ginn. Originally I was all aboard the Torrey Smith bandwagon, but after seeing what he rejected in Baltimore I am not holding my breath.

So a year later does Hakeem Nicks still interest you guys?

He's overated and has no serious upside or potential. For the vet min sure, but not what he's going to ask for.

I'd be perfectly happy to bring him here. Good player. Big game experience. I'm not too worried about cost because I'm confident DG won't overpay. I'd say he's worth a little more than vet min though. Him, Ginn, and a rookie, plus what we have. I'm more satisified with that than not.

He just seems like the typical Gettleman signing this year. Will draw very little interest and probably could be cheap. If you june 1st cut cotchery you save 1.5 million this year. I don't hate this offense

Cam Newton

Jonathan Stewart/Fozzy Whitaker

Mike Tolbert

Kelvin Benjamin

Hakeem Nicks

Philly Brown

Ted Ginn Jr.

Greg Olsen

Ed Dickson

He just seems like the typical Gettleman signing this year. Will draw very little interest and probably could be cheap. If you june 1st cut cotchery you save 1.5 million this year. I don't hate this offense

Cam Newton

Jonathan Stewart/Fozzy Whitaker

Mike Tolbert

Kelvin Benjamin

Hakeem Nicks

Philly Brown

Ted Ginn Jr.

Greg Olsen

Ed Dickson

And that's with no rookies. Sprinkle in one or two and you've got yourself one of them there football teams as the kids say.

Archived