• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam is going to get paid

SgtJoo

You would really force a player to be here if you felt like he didn't want to? You said you're a Panther fan, no one player is bigger than the team. I wouldn't tag him if I wasnt 100% sure he's going to sign. Can't get Lebroned.

It's called leverage, and we have it.

And of course you can get "Lebroned" if it means winning a Super Bowl in the meantime.

DG, Bus, and Cam know that he will be here for 3 more years, if the Panthers want him here that long.  They also know that he will most likely sing a long term deal this next offseason, like every other franchise QB out there.

You would really force a player to be here if you felt like he didn't want to? You said you're a Panther fan, no one player is bigger than the team. I wouldn't tag him if I wasnt 100% sure he's going to sign. Can't get Lebroned.

Oh, heck no.  Most teams would rather just let a guy walk with no compensation.

Lotsa GMs say "Well sure, it would have been in our best interest to use the franchise tag, but we were worried we might make him mad so we decided not to.  Hope he enjoys his new team" :wacko:

(sheesh) :rolleyes:

In reality, the history of free agency contains numerous stories of contentious Franchise Tag negotiations followed by all sides being perfectly happy once the deal was worked out.

The notion that a team would just let a guy walk out of fear of offending him is just comical.

What sort of wager can we make?

You talk all this trash about spending are you willing to back it up or will you just ignore this post? Control over sigs for one NFL season.

Not going to ignore you post, not going to take that bet either. I tend to go to the extremes. If you put a gun to my head id say it's a 70% chance he stays.

With Suh getting the money he got and all these massive QB deals we would have to be spending around 40+ million a year on just Keek and Cam if we lock them both up.

I'm sorry, but if Cam's numbers decline again and we miss the playoffs I don't see why avoiding paying him 6 years 120 million would be such a bad idea. I love Cam, but I love the Panthers more. And I'd hate to see this team get in salary cap hell again just because we overpayed for a QB we shouldn't have.

Of course, I hope it all works out and we end up keeping Cam. But I'm prepared for the possibility of losing him.

Even if he didn't want to be here and was tagged, he isn't going to help his market value by playing like poo.

He will work his butt off because you are playing for your next contract, not your current one.

At this point there isn't really any indication that he isn't happy or doesn't want to be here long term so I think you are fretting over imagined ghosts

Archived