• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Why the 49ers should move all in for Luke Kuechly in 2016"

Moorgan

Objectively speaking, everyone is tradeable if the price is right.

If we're talking about Luke though (or Cam, for that matter) you're looking at better than a Herschel Walker type offer before I'd even entertain the thought.

(and even then my first impulse would be to say 'no')

given how bad the niners are going to be next year, and 2016 as well, you guys really wouldn't trade luke for two potentially top 5 1st round picks??!?!? you guys are smoking crack. 

luke will eventually be the highest paid LB in the league, and given gettleman's ability to find diamonds in the rough come draft day, i'd take this deal in a second!

lol

given how bad the niners are going to be next year, and 2016 as well, you guys really wouldn't trade luke for two potentially top 5 1st round picks??!?!? you guys are smoking crack. 

luke will eventually be the highest paid LB in the league, and given gettleman's ability to find diamonds in the rough come draft day, i'd take this deal in a second!

Kuechly is a HOF-caliber talent.  Do you not remember what the defense was like before he was starting at MLB?  You don't get rid of a player like him.  It's like trading away Tom Brady.

A bird in the hand is worth more than two first round picks in the bush.

ok, but what if some team offers him a ridiculous deal that the Panthers can't match or chose not to match given gettleman's reputation for not giving out huge contracts, then what?

the last thing I'd want is to lose luke to free agency without getting anything in return.

Luke Kuechly will be given a long term, bar-setting deal for a MLB LONG before there is even a chance of another team offering him anything. I can say with absolute certainty that he isn't going anywhere.

Archived