• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

FOX's Peter Schrager: "I expect Carolina to take a WR in the 1st R"

gettlemanjack

If the top 4 WRs go in the first 12 picks, I'd prefer to look elsewhere at #25.

IMO, those top 4 WRs are about as close to sure things as you're going to find in the draft, but after that there's a pretty steep drop off but a lot of depth. I'm not convinced there's a big difference between the #5 WR and the #10 WR.

I believe that you're trying to simplify the receivers too much. There is definitely a second tier of receivers. Perriman and Agholor are the types of receivers who may come in and outplay some of the first four, or at least put themselves in the conversation. Sure, either of them could become marginalized depending upon the system that they are in, but just watch one if them be in the OROY conversation.

Now I am not suggesting that either should be considered at 25 just yet, but what I am saying is that they should be strongly considered in round 2. Personally, I would take DGB in the first.

Edit: I just don't believe that receivers like Hardy or Dorsett are in the same class as Perriman or Agholor.

the one consistency we've seen from DG is that he gets great value out of his picks, hence the whole BPA argument. he looks for value over position, and it has given us two killer drafts.

if there's a run on OT or WR, and we're looking at the 5th player at either of those positions as 25, that likely means there's a lot of value at another position.

Some people may not know that Perriman has a pedigree also.  His father was a pro receiver, most notably with the lions.

Another side story that I will be watching on day one and two is whether or not Strong will actually take a tumble and whether Perriman will actually rise above Strong  If Perriman doesn't ace his pro day tomorrow, then this will never happen.  One or both of these guys is going to come in and give a tam a big lift if they can put it all together.  I have always thought that Perriman looked like the more fluid, more explosive receiver, but the level of competition and his hands do make me rise an eyebrow.

I guarantee you that over half the teams in the league have DGB off their boards. Much like damn near all of them were completely hands off this FA with Hardy....even with his incredible talent.

Owners of these teams are businessmen and reputation of their franchises is important....no matter how many idiot fans there are out there that put winning above everything. Morals and character has become a lost trait in the world today. Too many of you "do whatever makes you feel good" idiots walking around out there.

But it's the fans that make all that possible, without fans there is no franchise and fans want wins

Well to be fair, he did double dip in his first draft, so I'd say it's possible.

I was referring to him going back to back on a position that he usually doesn't put an emphasis on. He usually loves the guys in the trenches and/or defensive playmakers.

I would rather wait and take Phillip Dorsett in the 2nd round. I guess I wouldn't complain about doubling up but Dorsett seems to have it all, especially speed. And we could use our pick in the first to take bpa

Dorsett doesn't nearly "have it all". He doesn't have as good of body control in the air as many of the others, his hands are inconsistent, he is not a particularly good blocker, he is small, and he is a limited route runner. 

Dorsett doesn't nearly "have it all". He doesn't have as good of body control in the air as many of the others, his hands are inconsistent, he is not a particularly good blocker, he is small, and he is a limited route runner. 

Sounds like all Dorsett has going for him is the ability to run fast.

Every year a  talented player or two drops down,or is pushed down, the draft board,so i expect Gettleman to be waiting there to pounce.

That'd be DGB this year, which we will undoubtedly skip.

Could be Perriman, whom Greg Cosell compared to Julio Jones with his size and movements, but I kind of doubt it with those drops.  If he has a drop free day tomorrow, then I am sure plenty of people will be talking about him.

Archived