• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Rivera would like to see Cam signed long-term before 2015 season

gettlemanjack

David Newton ESPN:

Rivera said personally he'd like to see Newton's deal done before the season.

"Personally, yeah, I would," Rivera said. "Hopefully, we get everything worked out together."

Rivera is confident that general manager Dave Gettleman and Newton's representatives will get "something positive done."

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=carolina-panthers&i=TWT&id=12835&w=1ezja&wjb

because it works in the Panthers favor... Cam would be total out of his mind to do so. Essentially the Panthers should be prove to him that they won't let him get destroyed next season. If they do, how do you think Cam will feel? smh... so there you have it! Not gonna happen!

I think G-man would want to as well, and it's Cam's side that's wanting to wait it out. Which honestly makes the most sense for Cam. Why sign a new deal after an injury-riddled year, when you lost every WR who'd caught a pass from Cam before? He'll likely have a comeback year, do well, and further increase his value. I'd say I'm pretty confident both sides want Cam to stay in Carolina.

I swear half this board does not know what a Franchise Tag is.

And the other half doesn't know what a holdout is.

If Cam truly wanted to sit out a year i'd bet a lot of money someone would still be willing to pay him the following season.

If Cam made it clear he'd rather sit out than play under the tag, I'm sure Gettleman rather trade him than use up a large junk of cap space on nothing... again.

If Cam truly wanted to sit out a year i'd bet a lot of money someone would still be willing to pay him the following season.

If Cam made it clear he'd rather sit out than play under the tag, I'm sure Gettleman rather trade him than use up a large junk of cap space on nothing... again.

Cam newton would never ever sit out an entire season. You must be high

You just went full potato.

Archived