• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

If it came down to Peat or Perriman....

MedellinHeel

Then you'll see for yourself on draft day. Perriman isn't first round material.

As already stated, Perriman may not even be there when we pick.  And that really doesn't have anything to do with what I said, regardless of how much you and Jeremy want to clown.

I will be good with Gettleman's pick regardless of who it is, because I trust him implicitly (particularly with early round picks). I'm just not presumptuous enough to intimate that I know what he is thinking one way or another.  That's why I don't generally talk down about draft prospects in the slightest.

You will never hear me telling someone that this pick or that pick is not first round material. I leave that to the professionals. 

All this same stuff and more was being said about Kelvin Benjamin. Oh, he has bad hands. Oh, he is not first round material. Oh, this and that. Those opinions don't amount to a hill of beans.

The fact is that no one really knows, but I will give Cosell's and Brandt's opinion more credence than I will anyone on the Huddle.  Moreover, to be making absolute statements when you still have more than three weeks to go to have private workouts is even more of a reason that opinions of people who don't have anything to do with scouting evaluation fall on my deaf ears.

Most professionals had him pegged as a mid round prospect. Same thing with Humphries. You wanna know what's changed between now and then? Nothing... just 40 times and other workout numbers.

Yes, he's fluid. Yes, he's explosive. Yes, he's fast. However, so is Dorsett and D.Smith.

Whatever. You obviously missed the buzz weeks before his workout. Many so-called professionals hadn't even done their due diligence on Perriman until later on in the process.  Some of these draft profiles and mocks that you see are woefully out of date, but it's all good.  I don't even care that much.  Like I said, I will be happy with whoever the pick is.

Archived