• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Update: Charles Tillman signed by Panthers (official)

Nothing. Thanks.

Have a tendency to lean towards a Huddle All-Pro on arguments. 

Only thing I will say is that Cason, Florence, etc have never had the sort of long term success that Tillman has had.  Tillman is a better player then those guys ever were.  His "something left in the tank" is more then theirs....or Harper's....or Decoud's.

Have a tendency to lean towards a Huddle All-Pro on arguments. 

Only thing I will say is that Cason, Florence, etc have never had the sort of long term success that Tillman has had.  Tillman is a better player then those guys ever were.  His "something left in the tank" is more then theirs....or Harper's....or Decoud's.

I feel like people forget Tillman was a 1st team all pro in just 2012. He may be up there in age, but the past 2 years he's barely had any wear and tear on him because he was hurt. And it wasn't a lower body injury, just a triceps (which isn't too important for a d-back), so I think in our system under Rivera again and behind our front 7 and with Norman taking the top wideout, he would have an enormous amount of success. That's why I want him on a 2-3 year deal instead of 1, because I feel like he still has a lot left in the tank. This would be a huge signing in my opinion, and I'm still holding out hope we get Jennings. If we can get Peanut and Jennings, this would be an amazing free agency period, in my opinion.

I feel like people forget Tillman was a 1st team all pro in just 2012. He may be up there in age, but the past 2 years he's barely had any wear and tear on him because he was hurt. And it wasn't a lower body injury, just a triceps (which isn't too important for a d-back), so I think in our system under Rivera again and behind our front 7 and with Norman taking the top wideout, he would have an enormous amount of success. That's why I want him on a 2-3 year deal instead of 1, because I feel like he still has a lot left in the tank. This would be a huge signing in my opinion, and I'm still holding out hope we get Jennings. If we can get Peanut and Jennings, this would be an amazing free agency period, in my opinion.

I wouldn't go 3 years.  A 2 year deal wouldn't bother me just because he truly is a coach on the field.  He'll teach our boys to strip the ball better. I hope for a Jennings deal too.

If we get these two guys, we'd be really freed up in the draft.  Would almost like to see us get three straight OL in the draft.  

1. Tackle

2. Guard

3. Center

4. RB

We'd have great leadership on defense. If Tillman is even serviceable his value would be felt in more this just his individual play. We're talking about a guy who knows Rivera's defense and has TDavis like qualities as a leader. Even if he's lost a step I bet he could make sure that all the young are exactly where they need be. Not to mention it's low risk and high reward so why not right?

He could have a Charles Woodson type effect on our team. Remember, 2010 Woodson was 34, this year peanut will be 34. Both are strong leaders and possess similar qualities. I really think he could be a great short term solution on the outside, move bene inside and give us a really decent 1-2-3 corner combo.

Meh, sounds like excuses. And it doesn't matter, both DeCoud and Cason were awful. Boston and Bene would've played better than both of them if they were inserted after they both were healthy.

So facts sound like excuses to you huh?

I bet your current high school teachers would be so proud of you.

Page 1 = on topic. Page 10 = arguing and name calling. This applies to all threads.

That basic concept (not the pages, but beginning on topic and drifting away) applies to all discussions and/or debates ever in life.

Archived