• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So it's 4/20

O-Ther

I feel like I am walking through a 24-hour Wendy's in Colorado at 3am and everyone is wearing dead head shirts.  For those of us who do not or have not done drugs, I have no idea why 4/20 is significant.  Hitler's birthday?  Gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is a holiday marked by some famous pothead or some number that has 420 in it?

Those lance vanilla cookies were always my favorite from the high school vending machine. Unfortunately, I'm a grown up with responsibilities now, so no toking for me

Edit: that was back when you could wash it down and cure the cotton mouth with a Peach "Choice" for 39 cents

i could so go for a cherry gold right now.

I feel like I am walking through a 24-hour Wendy's in Colorado at 3am and everyone is wearing dead head shirts.  For those of us who do not or have not done drugs, I have no idea why 4/20 is significant.  Hitler's birthday?  Gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is a holiday marked by some famous pothead or some number that has 420 in it?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_%28cannabis_culture%29

4204:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a code-term that refers to the consumption of cannabis and by extension, as a way to identify oneself with cannabis subculture or simply cannabis itself. Observances based on the number 420 include smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m (16:20) on any given day, as well as smoking and celebrating cannabis on the date April 20 (4/20 in U.S. form).[1]

Impact

In Colorado, the Colorado Department of Transportation replaced the frequently stolen Mile Marker 420 sign on I-70 east of Denver with one reading 419.99 in an attempt to stop the thievery.

Those lance vanilla cookies were always my favorite from the high school vending machine. Unfortunately, I'm a grown up with responsibilities now, so no toking for me

Edit: that was back when you could wash it down and cure the cotton mouth with a Peach "Choice" for 39 cents

I was with until the "Peach" part, Cherry Gold homie, cherry mf'n gold....

I feel like I am walking through a 24-hour Wendy's in Colorado at 3am and everyone is wearing dead head shirts. For those of us who do not or have not done drugs, I have no idea why 4/20 is significant. Hitler's birthday? Gonna go out on a limb here and say that it is a holiday marked by some famous pothead or some number that has 420 in it?

There is a legend that in San Francisco during the late 60s, there was an old face clock that had stopped at 4:20. And stayed that way for years. So the saying "It's 4:20...time to get high." was born.

Archived