• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

REPORT: SS Swearinger claimed by Bucs on waivers

@bobbyagnese

The thread title is wrong, Swearinger has not been released. He has told he won't be back, but they're still trying to trade him:

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 2h2 hours ago 
Keep seeing Swearinger is being released, that is not accurate.

PDS ‏@PatDStat · 2h2 hours ago 
There has been a deal in place for Swearinger since last week. Still hearing a player is coming in return. #Texans

if we hadn't just drafted superbowl mvp shaq thompson i might be inclined to pull the trigger, but at this point you'd be taking snaps from rookies to play a guy whose problems clearly outweighed his upside.

i don't see it happening.

Like someone else said, what's the point of signing all these high character vets if with no one to mentor?

I guess that entire point is debatable. From my point of view, you want people with a willingness to improve themselves. If this guy is one of those guys, then of course, let's go after him. It just seems as though this guy has displayed a pattern of troublesome behavior. Why introduce that to the environment of the team? If our guys sign off on him, let's rock and roll. 

I concede you have a valid point. Just two different views. 

Bull poo

http://mobile.sportingnews.com/article/4632237-greg-hardy-trial-date-update-carolina-panthers-domestic-violence-abuse-case-charges-contract-salary-return

"His heart is in Carolina," Norman told ESPN. "I had a talk with him. He wants to be here. He don't want to go nowhere else. He wants to be in Carolina. He even told me he would play for free. That's what he told me verbatim out of his mouth."

Archived