• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Falcons have told pot head Ray they will Draft him at #7

nctarheel0619

Talk about a "tweener". The guy weighs two forty plus and listed as a DE. The Falcons run a 4-3 defense (dont think they plan to change). Unless they play him all over the field and move him around constantly, seems to small to be an effective DE. Really just a glorified LB unless he really bulks up. Cam is just as big and will roll right over him. Do it Falcons.

If Norwell pulls on him, he will plant him like a turnip.

Russ Lande is clueless.  I always thought he was pretty bad at his job until one fateful day in March in 2009 when he posted this article http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2009-03-04/mock-draft-everette-brown-climbs-top.  After that I ignore about everything he ever says.  I'd be shocked if the Falcons took Ray at 8 and especially if he is taken by them at 7.

Talk about a "tweener". The guy weighs two forty plus and listed as a DE. The Falcons run a 4-3 defense (dont think they plan to change). Unless they play him all over the field and move him around constantly, seems to small to be an effective DE. Really just a glorified LB unless he really bulks up. Cam is just as big and will roll right over him. Do it Falcons.

If Norwell pulls on him, he will plant him like a turnip.

The Falcons will run a 4-3 but it's very different from the traditional 4-3 we run. They have what's called a LEO position which is the weakside DE whose primary responsibility is getting up field and rushing the passer. The traits for the LEO are typically more similar to a 3-4 OLB than a 4-3 DE. Ray would be fine in their system.

This is the type of guy I want a division rival to draft in the top 10.  Picking in the top 10, you're going to get a very talented prospect so I hope for them to draft a very talented prospect with as many question marks as possible.  Ray has been flagged with both medical issues and now an arrest.  Those are some pretty solid question marks.

Archived